im tagged out

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Werd, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Werd

Werd Senior Member

first day i got a 4 point, nothin to brag about. 30 yards called in with the buck roar from primos, never went anywhere...12 gauge did the trick. so im 4/4 on tags now and enjoy the warm house:laugh:

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Well at least the rest of the spike bucks are safe for the season...:peace:

3. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

hahah good point fiddle! I would like to be done by late November, but I don't think I could just give up hunting in December and Jan.:noidea: Congrats on your deer, keep practicing, don't just put everything away and forget about it until next year:doh:

4. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

Just got done deboning 3rd deer of my own for the year, along with helping brother and dad take care of their's last sunday. Don't want anything to do with taking care of venison for several months.

5. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I got another tag yet but I don't know if I will fill it or not. If I get the urge I just might...:biggrin1: I have done 3 deer of my own this year and 1 for a buddy. I got another one to do Tomorrow evening.. I am getting pretty tired of processing too....:biggrin1:

6. red44

red44 Senior Member

I hate you all. I've not been able to get out a half dozen times. 1 small doe is all I could have taken. SG season is here, and time is getting short.
    MUST...... FINNISH........ FIREPLACE.......:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:
    I will have my revenge.....

7. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Yeah, I have processed five deer myself this year also. I am tired of it. But, I do still have a buck tag, and you don't stop believing, so I am going to try to fill that buck tag with another mounter. I am looking for a deer in the 180 class. I have passed several 150 class bucks the past two weeks. NOT!!!!!! Just kidding. Anything 130 class and up is going on my wall, and that is all I am shooting.

8. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Good goin Drew
    I think it is awesome that a youing man your age is so tuned to th ahunt
    Like I said earlier I wish we'd had deers round these parts when I was a kid.
    boys I have tha butchers process mine t $60 a pop. I am still ready ta go agian
    It is closed right now
    tha 7th I am back up on that mnt ta go after tha big un I saw.

9. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I wish I could find someone to do it for $60! We just take ours to my buddies place he has a rig(winch, and pulleys in the roof) all set up in his garage right above his drain and we cut all the meat, debone, bag it, and take it in for processing. 80 lbs. of sausage cost me $111(1/2 and 1/2 jalapeño/cheese, and regular). The doe I got with the mzldr. is bagged and frozen waiting to be taken in. So far this year we have put down 9. (4 me, 3 Rick, and 2 for my brother) My buddy shot one button buck, but the other 8 have been does. Had two chances for big bucks, neither resulted in a BBD!:frusty: First one I couldn't get my bow drawn due to my fall harness tether and the second I missed with my muzzleloader!:noidea::frusty: I am still hoping to fill a couple tags, hopefully get something to keep my 8 from last year some company on the wall:noidea: time is getting short.....:doh:

10. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

how do you get 4 tags a year?

11. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I don't know if your asking me or someone else. In Ill. you can shoot as many does as you buy tags for. $26 (1 e/s and 1 a/o) With the mzldr. I got two sets of tags, one set for coles cnty. and 1 set for moultrie county, and an extra a/o tag for moultrie.

12. hduc2005

hduc2005 Senior Member

I got two a dig doe and a 5pt buck during Wisconsin gun season
    Cost me 60 ea for cut into steaks, chops, burger.

13. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

You live in PA?

In PA you get 1 antler tag w/ license purchase then you have to send in for doe permits. if you get lucky you'll get 2 permits.

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

can you transfer tags????

15. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

For Illinois archery season you can shoot as many does as you buy tags for. However, you can only shoot two bucks the entire year, no matter what weapon or season it is. The bow tags are bought over the counter and you get two, one either sex and one antlerless only.

However, if you live in a county that they have found CWD in you may take additional bucks if you still have unused either sex permits. But you must take that animal with the weapon that the permit was issued for. The CWD season is in mid January though, when the hunting gets real tough and it is realllllyyyy cold outside.

16. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

I remember, reading somewhere that you could use your Antler tag for Antlerless during muzzleloader season. (I could be wrong on that):noidea:

17. Werd

Werd Senior Member

LoL...look on the back of your buck tag. thats where it says that. and we went to harrisburg and got ours. we were too late sending in so we just drove down. ill have pix in a month or so...lol forgot the digital, but i always carry a disposable in the BB.

18. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

wait so you are saying you bought your license and then drove to Harrisburg and bought THREE antlerless tags?

Now I'm really confused.

The maximum number of tags possible (without red-tags) is 3 in about 90% of the state. Thats 1 antler tag, 1 antlerless tag and 1 bonus tag.

Some (VERY few) areas had a 3rd round of tags which would mean you got 4 tags total and were extremely lucky or live in a city. How did you drive to Harrisburg and get tags?

19. Werd

Werd Senior Member

yup, if there are left over tags you can go to harrisburg and buy them over the counter

20. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

what WMA are you in?!?! All the ones around here sell out 1/2 way through the second round!