Indoor League Novelty ideas?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, May 4, 2008.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Anyone have any ideas on Indoor novelty shoot ideas?

We have our league banquet coming up and need some fun things to do.

2. archeryoptics

archeryoptics New Member

Here are a few we have done. Tie life savers to a string and hang them on back stop or small balloons on back stop and you can't eat unless you hit one. Small balloons differant amounts of money or slips of paper with door prizes in them. Place a deck of cards on back stop and play one hand of poker by the card you hit. Cards backwards on back stop with prizes hidden on front of card you get either nothing or what is written on card. Tic tac toe ( make game as small or big as you need for the type of group you have.)

3. archeryoptics

archeryoptics New Member

One more- Reverse spots- Lowest score wins. Use three spot target. try to shoot to the out side ring but the white (outside of target) counts as 12

4. vmabuck

vmabuck Killer B

Do they make a dart board target for Archery?

You could kick out some cricket. That would be fun as hell...

5. hoyt_hunter007

hoyt_hunter007 Senior Member

we used to get a shop vac and set it on "blow" and then point it upwards with ping pong balls floating above it. It takes some time to get it perfected, but its fun...just dont shoot the shop vac.

Also, for our league one night, everyone had to shoot mathews genesis bows (no sights, no releases). 5 arrow ends, but shot at the big circle on the back of the 5-spot targets.

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

They do sell cricket targets for archery. After our 5-Spot league last year we had a cricket tourney. It was a lot of fun.

The lifesaver thing on a string would be a hoot too. I'm not sure I'd starve somebody going that route but maybe do something like every lifesaver you hit with 10 shots gets you another entry in a drawing or some premutation of that.

Ron

7. archer1983

archer1983 New Member

distance shoot. set target out at 100 yards. closest to the target wins a prize. :cool:

8. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

100 yard indoor range? Does your club meet in the Astrodome?

9. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

Here's one I saw at the R100. Center pole with a "T" bar across the top with a pully at each end. A string goes between the pully's and hangs down both sides. Attach 1/2 gallon plastic milk jugs filled with water to each end. Shooters line up two at a time, as jugs are shot, the water flows out and the jugs move (heavy one goes down, empty one goes up). First one to empty their jug wins.

10. archer1983

archer1983 New Member

[​IMG]

Outdoor range. :mad:

If you lose the arrows, too bad. Maybe put a bag target as a stop?

11. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Looks like you and Slip have been slapping each other too much and you can't read... it's an indoor shoot sparky. :noidea: :D

12. Joe Cricket

Joe Cricket New Member

"Archery Cricket"

A little over a year ago I developed and archery target for playing cricket with a bow. It took a little time to get a target designed specifically for archers. The outcome was pretty cool. We now have a few leagues and some local archery shops selling the targets. Quickly becoming a home and hunting camp favorite. If your looking for a fun new game to try, this is it! It's called "D-sending Order" The Game of Archery Cricket. You can get more information by checking out www.rjarchery.com

One of the local clubs is using it for their JOAD program. My kids love it!

13. olinprice

olinprice New Member

I can get 80 yards in my warehouse where we shoot its awesome.