Insulated wraps?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by IChim2, Oct 12, 2007.

1. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Has anyone used these and will they harm the finish on bows.My Truth bow only has a small wood plate on each side of the grip and i noticed the other morning when the temps were in the low 40's that the grip was really cold and i don't shoot with gloves on(hate to hold it when it's in the 20's).I've always shot Dartons and they have those nice rubber grip pads on them.Thanks for any help with this.

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I bought a Limbsaver wrap with the little knobbies on it to put on my Mission X3 after I removed the 2x4 and hated it. I'll probably just wrap it with some grip tape made for tennis rackets when I get back to moving around good. Being adhesive it might hurt film dip camo, though.

3. IChim2

That sims stuff is what i thought about using.Soon as i get around to it,i'm going to try my hand at making a custom pair of wood grips for it out in the shop.I've got an extra pair of darton grips that i thought about putting on but i would have to drill and tap for the bottom hole in the riser.

4. J.C.

J.C. New Member

They make it with and without the little bumps. I'd definately buy the one without.

5. IChim2

Thanks JC....When i go over to the shop after supper this evening i'll get the one w/o the bumps.

6. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member