Is anyone having fletching contact on NAP 4000 drop away?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by engie, Jul 3, 2006.

1. engie

engie Junior Member

No matter how I set up my bows I get contact on the right prong no matter how I spin the fletching- does anyone have a remedy- I do love the rest but I do get contact. Someone save the day.

2. Radar

Radar Story of my life

not sure about the NAP 4000 but I had a two prong style drop away rest and had the same problems but I started shooting cock vane down and the problem went away, sorry that this doesnt help you out, I have also heard that if you put baby powder of something on the arrow you will see exactly where its hitting?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2006

3. poorshot

poorshot Senior Member

Fletching

If you are right handed check cable on rest, it may need to be twisted so it goes to the right when string is released. I ran into this problem. Never hit a prong, only cable from cable slide.

4. engie

engie Junior Member

thanks

I've done both of those suggestions- still havin issues- I appreciate the input- I dont know what to do next. Thanks.

5. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Got rid of Mine...NAP 4000

I had the same problem with mine and had lower vane contact consistently with it. I even tried changing to a lower profile vane, which still didn't work. I found that no matter which vane I used on my arrows I still had contacted. I eventually gave up on trying to make my arrows work on the rest and went to a different rest. So I couldn't tell you if it was my set-up, arrows or vanes, which was causing the problems. I just got tiered of trying to make something work properly.

I would recommend trying to change types of vanes and/or arrows if you want this rest to work. But all the effort you put in trying to make it work may not be worth it and you could do what I did, just get a new rest.

6. engie

engie Junior Member

thanks

Thanks Jay- I think you hit this one right on the head.

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Sounds like a tuning problem to me.....What is the set up (arrows, poundage,etc)

8. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

I too think more setup detail is needed to make an educated response. So now I'll show how educated I am. How's the arrow spine and/or centershot of the rest?

9. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

I had a problem kinda like this, found out the rest was not coming down fast enough, or was bouncing off the riser and poping back up a little bit, I made more tension on the spring pulling the rest down faster, and put 2 layers of moleskin on the riser where the rest hits down, no more problem, im still not 100% what the problem was but i know this fixed it.