JcMorgans Strings Review

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Pinwheel1969, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

Well, I got a set of strings to demo about 2 1/2 weeks ago for my '05 Shark. First thing I noticed that the serving was done on end servings and center servings was done about as tight and clean as one could do. Secondly I installed on bow and looked for any seperation. Found none.... Did have a little creep. but after a few shots. I stopped. not much creep though. Set up with a super peep and loop. tested at same weight and draw that I had my Vapor tail Strings on. I was getting 282fps at 62 lbs, 28" draw and 340grn arrow with Vapor Trails. With JcMorgans strings I shot 3 times through the Easton Mapper chrono. average was 287fps with Jc's Strings. After 2 weeks of shooting about a round of 300 5 spot every day. Shot over 700 total shots including weekends. Got no twist or seperation. Pulled trings off and manually went through each serving for any seperation or breaks in the strings. Found nothing. I will continue to use these strings. Also to mention we measured strings after the shooting to find no stretch at all. If your in the market for some quality strings. give Jc a chance. You wont regret it. I got mine in flow green of course. also color is alot better and brighter than most larg manufacturers that I've ordered from.... Thanks again JcMorgan for letting me demo these. I think you are doing an excellent job!!!!

2. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Thanks for the review. I put in a lot of time at the ole string jig coming up with a good process. I don't know that they are as good as they can get, but I wouldn't have started selling them if I didn't think they were decent strings. I continue to try to perfect my methods......

Thanks for taking the time to test them and give me useful feedback....:peace:

Now...where are the pics????:biggrin1:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

GOOD review........I cant wait to get my C4.....its the first thing we will be doing to it......:rockon:

I have a set on my Prestige and am trying to get the time to shoot it, but its just been crazy cold out......

4. Pinwheel1969

I will post some strings tonight after I get the kids to bed....

5. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Awsome! So Tyler can look for a 5 fps gain out of the Tiger. That should put him right about 173 fps.:peace:

I will have Tyler write his review once the bow is together.

6. pilot

pilot Senior Member

I'm not convinced.....I probably should get a set to demo on my new General just to be sure.....:D

(Bright red and black to match my custom sling from Mr. Beenfarr if you please, oh and throw in a set of custom arrow wraps while you're at it.....yep, that just about covers it! :peace: )

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  7. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Well, my mind is made up, if I don't win a pair I will be buying a set very soon. I am cheap like dredly, so do we get a discount for being a fellow 3dshoots.com member? J/K

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

he charges extra BECAUSE of that..................

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

hey I found this on the Mathews website.......I can see it being used alot so I brought it over for you guys........

10. J.C.

J.C. New Member

excellent! :thumb: :thumb:

11. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I saved it already...:peace:

12. Onyx Z

Onyx Z Member

definitely need pictures!:rockon:

13. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I need a picture of the limb decals and the strings on your bow.......:rockon:

14. Pinwheel1969

will try tonight ..my camera is @%&%ing up on me!!!!

15. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Oh yeah blame it on the camera... :dizzy:

16. Pinwheel1969

here are some pics. The steady mode isnt working so some are a tad blurry. I wanted you to see how clean and tight the servings and ends were. Very impressive. I will take more this weekend before I dissasemble it and get it out to Mr. Posten...Sorry guys...

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  17. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Got the strings yesterday Justin!:peace:

Headed to the Slingbraid factory Saturday to install them. My press does not like the little people bows.
    Will post picks when complete!!!!!

18. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

That's hilarious...

Looking pretty good JC... I'll give yours a try when I need to change them the next time.

Ron

19. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Check it out!!!! Justin made a beautiful set of strings for my 9 year old son's Martin!!!!
    Still have some tuning to do, but here they are!

Thanks to Justin for a sweet set of strings, at a sweet price!!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  20. Pinwheel1969

I told you they were sweet strings. Cameron.. did you get a chance to look at the servings. Most impressed with that.