Jig help!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by OB1.25, Dec 13, 2007.

1. OB1.25

OB1.25 Junior Member

I have bitzenburger straight jig, i notice that after fletching my arrows it seems that two of the vanes are just a bit closer at 1 space than the other 2spaces. i even measured them with a micrometer, there is a difference, could it be the TM nock reciever or what, i am real particular about my stuff. arrow seem to fly well.
    :noidea:
    thanks

2. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

if the arrows fly ok I wouldnt worry about it to much. I use a jo jan flecther and the vanes are spaced even on the shafts. wondering if you turn the shaft the same direction for each vane. if not this could maybe cause your problem if it is not tight in each position.

3. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Is there any play between the nock itself and the nock receiver when you put a shaft in there ?

Ron

4. OB1.25

OB1.25 Junior Member

everthing seems to be tight

hey ron i check the nock each time to make sure it is in all the way, so it stays good and tight,

is there just one bitzenberger base and the different clamps right wing, left wing and straight work with a single base. or is there a different base for each fletch preference?

5. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I think the bases are all the same but there are different recievers...:noidea:

6. archery freak

archery freak Junior Member

nock type?

what type of nocks are you using? beiters will not work with the bitz, you would have to switch them out to an Easton nock.

I've found that I need to push the arrow towards the nock receivers as I'm applying the fletch, if I don't the arrow has a tendency to slide down in the nock receiver just a little bit especially if you're not paying attention.

If you don't like that Zenith archery has come up with kit to replace the receiver which will eliminate all play in the nock receiver as you'll be connecting to the end of the shaft vs. nock, I've got one and it works real nice for $30.