Jumpin' Jehossifats

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by brokenarrow, Nov 11, 2007.

1. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

It's cold out there...

And there ain't nothing moving...:frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you aint kidding.......it was like 25 degrees last night....the bucks should be chasing.....

3. ILhunter16

ILhunter16 Member

Its warm here in central IL About mid 50's all day..... And the deering are moving like CRAZY. They r chasin does all over the place. This afternoon at about 5:00 i heard a buck grunt and so i hit the bleat can and grunted acouple times and here comes this HUGE 8pt made a b line to me at about 300 yrds out gruntin and whatnot. Come in at about 40 yards to far to shoot. IT's Intense.... :p

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I saw some movement yesterday..but nuttin' today...

let me just say when the sun dropped I thought I would FREEZE TO DEATH!!!
    It had to drop 10 degrees in 5 minutes...:Cry:

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I was out till dark, and I didnt notice the temp change:noidea:

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I did...of course I wasn't really dressed properly for the weather either

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

we were walking around......

8. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I was in the blind at my freinds farm...
    it's pretty much open feild with some fence rows that are overgrown...the wind rips right through you...
    but I have a good veiw of about 500 acres...and I didn't see nuthin but hawks and like a thousand crows...I've never seen that many crows there before...

9. I agree....freexing cold...the rut should be one...and aint a deer to be found!:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

10. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

That's because you were probably full of beef sticks.....:rockon:

11. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

60 here taday and 65 tommrrow and i am off fer tha last week of Tn Bow and I am geared up.

12. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Now that's funny right there

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

sadly no......there all gone.......:Cry: :Cry: :Cry:

14. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Sunday night(8pm)...i just got home from opening wk end of gun season and all i can say is..... ...... ...... ...... .......... .........:frusty: 65 sat and 70 today:censored: :frusty: Haven't seen a single rub...wind blew like crazy both days.....Our so called Forest Dristrict(Pretty Boy's as we refere to them who depends on the hatchet boys"logger's" for a free ride/meal ticket) has sold off most of what used to be our Beautiful Mark Twain Forests to the wood hogs which has left it in such a mess that i could bawl my eye's out.Never thought i'd see the day that i may have to start begging the private property people to let me hunt and i figure that the great job that our fine Forestery service is doing......in a couple more years....national forests will be a place where you use to go and just a memory.The world is changing....just not in a good way.

15. tenzero1

tenzero1 Member

Yesterday I only saw a small buck..it was depressing because i usually see alot of deer runnin around. And about forrests dissapearing its not really happening to much here but im trying to secure as many private hunting spots as possible while im young so whn i get older ill always have somewhere to be at 5am

16. Cablegaurd21

Cablegaurd21 Senior Member

You Guys/Gals arent alone. I've seen some does and a forkhorn all year. What's going on?:noidea: I thought it was my fault but after reading this thread it looks like the problem is widespead. not much movement.:doh:

17. greenhorn100

greenhorn100 Junior Member

I been bow hunting since mid SEP. daily and seen plenty of does and fawns and two spikes no bucks . Rifle season opened nov. 10 temparature was 30 degress boy did I seen bucks chasing does like crazy within 10 yards from me:D I seen two nice eights one nine a ten a six my son was hunting about 50 yards from me and he seen several bucks as well chasing does.
    he was able to shoot a seven pointer now his ready to go back bow hunting for a bigger one. I let all the bucks THATI seen go I want A BIG BOY

18. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I saw a buck yesterday morning it had 2 spikes on one side and a regular 4pt rack on the other. Strange lookin critter. Of course he was on my right side and I could not get a shot.:frusty: I would have definately taken him outtta the gene pool.

19. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

This is the dangest year....

i've have ever seen in 35+ years of hunting.Opening wk/end gun season temps were 65/72 and i haven't seen a single rub....deer aren't stirring and i guess i hunted as hard as one could.Couldn't hunt from the stand because the tree's have shed verry few leaves...don't know whats up with that and a deer would have to walk right under you to see him/her.For you guys that have had good luck...congrats...but it's just not happening here:frusty: .Talked to alot of hunters...archery and gun in my area and pretty much the same responce which makes me feel a little better knowing thats it's not just me.A few deer are being taken on private land but thats about it.I'm beginning to think our "World" is starting to send a message to us.:noidea: By the way...a young man in Randolf county in southern IL has bagged what is believed to be the biggest buck in north america a day or so ago...it has been all over the news on our TV...shot it with a bow.Any body know the rest of the story on it.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  20. Cablegaurd21

Cablegaurd21 Senior Member

Heres a link to the story. I think this is what you are talking about.

http://www.bnd.com/homepage/story/173430.html