Just bought my first Bow

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by CT Hunter, Apr 14, 2006.

1. CT Hunter

CT Hunter Junior Member

This is my first post, but I have read a lot of the posts here and learned a ton. I just bought my first bow and am very excited. I decided to go to the local bow shop instead of looking on-line. I realize I could save money, but as a beginner, I needed the help of an expert. The sales guy was very good. He measured my draw length and let me shoot a couple bows in my price range. I decided to get a used bow, to get more quality for my money. I ended up getting a PSE Durango (I believe a 2001). It came with a site and an arrow rest. I paid $430. I realize I could have saved some money on Ebay. But by buying at a local shop, I can always bring it back if I have any problems, or if I need adjusting. Hopefully I made the right choice and did not get ripped off. I shot it at the shop until my arms hurt. I love it. Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone here for their help. :fencing:

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum. Getting setup properly is priceless. You went the right way by visiting a shop for your first purchase. I owned a Durango at one time. It was a pretty nice bow, enjoy it. Learn all you can but the most important thing is to have fun.

3. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

:welcome: to another world, the archery world. You made a good choice. If ya can get out and shoot with some people that have shot for awhile. Listen and learn. Your in for some great times.

MoBowman ```---------->