Just sign up! its free!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by jimposten, May 16, 2006.

1. jimposten

jimposten Senior Member

Why is it every time I look at "Whos on line" there is at least 20 guests. What can we do to help people realize there is value in registering? Its free,... just sign up. I think if you had to be register to view the content of a thread then more people would sign up. Which will genereate more posts, and more networking of people with the love for all things archery.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I think that that would kinda work but we also want people to see the stuff and see if it is to there liking, I mean I would hate to have a bunch of cool user names be takin by people who never post.

There have been a bunch of new members in the last couple of days.

The big thing is keep people interested. To do that in addition to keeping the good threads going we also need new interesting topics to discuss. Like what is the best bow out there and what company is the best and who has the best shooting staff.....and oh yeah those are the ones that get us....I mean me in trouble.

Also if frank would get on here more often and argue about Bizkits and gravy, life would be better.

COME ON GUESTS JOIN OUR FUNCTIONAL FAMILY AND BECOME ONE OF US.
    YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.

I know there is a guy out there named Glen S. and he knows who he is, come on Glen post some questions or comments, and for the love of archery you better start bringin your bow to the shoots.:biggrin1:

3. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

you want somthing to discuss. how about the perfect bow.if you could take the best features from all bows and make one bow, what would it look like.:noidea:

4. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

longcut36, boy that's a loaded question.:biggrin1:

Ok, lets start off with a hunting bow. Perfect specs, hmm.
    34-36" axle-to-axle, 8" brace height, Great strings, no torque grip, no hand shock, no vibration, 330fps IBO, smooth drawing cam. I don't care what type of Cam it has if they can get these specs!

Perfect target bow, same specs just add 2-4" axle-to-axle.

Did I forget anything?

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

perfect rig

Don't forget the auto-ranging infra red sight with target aquisition, and an automated release system!! :whoo:

Oh yeah and game tracking capabilities.:thumb: :madgrin:

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

The perfect bow.......In one word.........MATHEWS....the have it all......

EXCEPT FOR NICE CLOTHES!!!!!!!!:laugh:

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Ttt

I agree there are way too many guests on here each time I sign on. :amen: I know you all have something you could add or some questions you would like answered so come on register and join the fun.:peace:

As for my biscuit, in all the polls I have seen it is still the #1 Hunting rest on the market so :hail: to the biscuit. :biggrin1:

8. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Perfect Bow...

Theres a perfect bow out there, it's called a Hoyt!

9. Next Ridge Over

Next Ridge Over Member

Maybe a lot of the guests don't log in and add content because a few individuals on this site that like to slam people for no reason other than brand loyalty.

Lord knows that I will never post a picture of my shooting or anything else on this site after the "mathews" response that I got back from a select few.

These same "few" are the ones that mistakenly think that the number of posts they have provides them with some sort of superiority over those that spend more time shooting than they do in front of a computer.

If you shot half as much as you ramble you may gain some knowledge which would garner respect and get more people involved. No one likes to get slammed.

You know who you are - constantly trying to "up your post count" with useless rambling that makes people stay away.

Good thread jimposten, maybe this will make the "few" wake up. If we could get to a point where archers are united in the sport we ALL love which would get the "guests" to contribute more and provide Chris with the hits he is looking for.

I know - just my .02 and it is worthless because I don't shoot Mathews.

You asked the question - I gave you the honest reason - I'm one of those "guests" that you speak of. - slam away.

God Bless our troops!!:amen:

10. BowhuntnHoosier

Join the Fun

I don't care what bow you shoot or what rest,release,arrows,stabalizer,sights,quiver you use. Just post up and lets have a great time on the Greatest Archery Forum on the Net.

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Just in case anyone needs to catch up the last post from NRO it was about me, would not want anyone thinking it was about them. And by the way I have not brought up my post count, other than to ask what the title under your name ment and to suggest that they get a few posts under there belt before they start giving others a hard time about something they do in there first few posts, first you need to make a few allies and then you can attack the world. Seems to me if you are going to point fingers in someone's direction about brand loyalty you should look in the mirror. Seems to me you get worked up about certain things a little too much, you would not happen to be a postal worker would you? There are only two things in archery I have problem with, cheaters and Whisker Bisquits. I speak my peace and most of the time let it die, I do however tend to once in a while get worked up about things and that is something I am working on. I will try to behave. And by the way ask any person on this sight and they will tell you what brand they are loyal too. At the time of this post I am a MATHEWS shooter, perhaps by the end of the year or next spring, one of the other companys or dealers will catch my attention enough to make me loyal to them or the brand the carry.
    BTW-I am sorry if there any misspellings, in any of my posts.

12. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Well Said

I shoot because I enjoy it and the people I meet while I'm shooting. Mathews or Hoyt, Ford or Chevy, Boxers or Breifs. WHO CARES, We are all archers, different disiplines, different equipment, different but all archers. The only thing that bashing does is make people not want to post for fear of being riddiculed. So if we can't get along, no one else will want to come out and play.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2006
  13. BowhuntnHoosier

Oh Yeah

Now I remember that was so long ago guys can't we just put the past behind us? Lets just agree to disagree on our preferences and still have a big happy forum in which to help others, ask for help, and have good healthy debates? Come on now :grouphug: lets just help this place grow. So NRO what is your puppers name? Later fella's

14. Chris

NextRidgeOver,

I'm not sure I recall any slams or bashing going on here on this site. I would like to see some of the posts you are referring to. You can PM me the details.

To others following this thread.....
    Ribbing someone over brand loyalty is fine, but personal attacks or outright bashing that gets out of hand will not be tolerated.

To all that read this, sitting behind a computer screen does not mean you forget your manners.:nono: Be nice to each other.

We are all here because of the sport we love. Regardless of the brand, type, or style of archery equipment you use, you are all welcome here.
    :welcome:

15. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Can we all get along?

We all share a common bond… We all like to shoot things with a Bow.(Paper, Foam, Meat) But brand loyalty allows us to have fun with it. Somehow since my post was before NRO’s --- I feel little bit like Rodney King starting the riots in LA. Can we all get along?

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Jay Are, that is a great avatar......where can I get one that says, everything but Mathews????

17. BIGHAWK

BIGHAWK Junior Member

Hey Chris.

I think the Ultraelite has all the spec's you spoke of> I shoot a Proelite and in my opinion it is everything you stated minus the speed. These HOYT Elite series bows a some sweet shooting bows.

18. jimposten

jimposten Senior Member

What The?????

What happend to my thread? It got way off topic. i hate that. "Hey what do you think the perfect bow would be?" I got an Idea.... Hit the start a new thread button and put your off topic comments where they belong.

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:peace: Please let me say sorry from all who have posted here off of the topic and just say that sometimes we get carried away on things and get off topic. So again I would like to say sorry.:peace:

20. Chris

If you like I can go into this thread and remove any of the off topic posts?