just thought i'd stop and see if you guys are killing anything yet??

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by ib4hoyt, Oct 1, 2007.

1. ib4hoyt

ib4hoyt Riff Raff

on second thought im sure your not:doh: :hug:

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

not yet. Almost took a doe but my buddy hunting with me took a shot at another deer at the same time and spooked em.

saw 9+ deer on opening morning... its gonna be a good year! :rockon:

3. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

still trying, it is too hot to be hunting deer.

4. jetshowell

jetshowell Member

seen a few does then my bow fell out of my stand and broke my sight so i had to buy a new one so i could hunt that night

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Today's opening day. I probably won't go out until this coming weekend. Some freinds of mine are out today though. We had a major storm come through last night and knocked a bunch of trees down. I'm wondering if our stand(s) too a beating... I guess I'll find out when they take a break and call me to provide the opening day report...

Ron

6. ILhunter16

ILhunter16 Member

Went out this morning didnt see anything untill about 9:00. Saw two does and a small 6 pt back about 60 yards out.

7. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

nothing yet, but then again I haven't tried yet. I will start trying on Friday :rockon:

8. WiHunter

WiHunter Junior Member

Opening day 9/15 hunted 6:30 - 9:00AM saw nothing.

That evening I got in the stand at 4:00 PM and at 4:15 Mama, 2 babies and an 8 poiner marched up. Mama was first at 20 yds. The buck was last at 30 yds. Lots of eyes looking around. I'm in an "Earn-A-Buck" area and wanted to take a little one in order to have the doe around for early rut. But she gave me a perfect broadside at 20 yds. I hit her a bit high, caught the spine goin' in and a lung goin' out. Dropped on the spot.

10 minutes later they all came back and the buck stood in the brush at 25 yds for 45 minutes teasing me. Then they all spooked off.

Still lookin for horns.

9. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Well howdy there hugboy. How ya doin?? Season opened today but I will not get to hunt until probably Friday.:doh:

10. j3dGuam

j3dGuam Senior Member

Killed a boar on Sunday but can't shoot at deer yet, I did not buy tags yet.:noidea: Will do that this week.:biggrin1: