Ladder stand ?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by dodgensince74, Oct 15, 2007.

1. I want to get a ladder stand since where I hunt a climber won't work, I figure some one in here has used these and would give me some good info. What is a good ladder stand to use? I want one that won't take more then 2 people to set up. Also, what do you guys think about the tri-pod stands? I hunt a lot of brush ceder also, which is why a climber won't work for me.

2. Cablegaurd21

Cablegaurd21 Senior Member

I use a Cabelas ladder stand. very sturdy and fairly easy to put up.

3. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

there are tons of good stands out there. my buddy just picked a nuce one up for 60 bucks. just find one thats comfortable and sturdy. most of the ones these days are pretty solid and still light weigth

4. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson Junior Member

I love ladder stands. I use 15 foot stands that cost $49. I killed a 173 inch typical from one so dont think you cant take big bucks from them. The most important thing is to make sure you have cover behid you so you dont stand out. I dont have any cover in front but do behind me. You can brush them in a little if you want but most times I dont.

5. Werd

Werd Senior Member

i think ladder stands just stick out too much for the deer to see. ummm...take and buy a lock on and some climbing sticks. the work like a charm and very easy to put up. heres an image.

[​IMG]

6. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Ha!

I use a combination of every different type!
    I hunt 2000ac. of private land,with every type of terraine.
    Ive got a 12ft tripod in my back yard i use for practice and in cutover.
    2 lock-on hangers with screw-in steps.
    4 Rivers edge 15ft ladder stands.
    2 summit climbers,The bullet backpacker,and the open-shot.
    I use climbers in bow season anywhere.
    Ladder stands ive killed most of my deer out of there positioned over food-plots
    The reason i use Rivers edge there the cheapest and still are sturdy and do the job,i bought all 4 after hunting season on sale at Dick's for $59 ea.
    There reg. now around $89 they will go on sale after season thats when i buy all my gear!:wave:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  7. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

rural king has ladder stands for 49/59? $ .. we got 3 or 4 of em cause they r easy and cheap

8. Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone Senior Member

I really like this one

20 ftr. from Big Game stands. Really nice stands.

[​IMG]

9. Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone Senior Member

Very comfortable

I plan of sitting many hours here. Has rail to hold on to when climbing.

Big Game is making some good products.

[​IMG]