Lancaster Archery

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by elmuyloco5, May 18, 2008.

1. elmuyloco5

elmuyloco5 Junior Member

Was wondering if anyone knew anything about this company. We're still trying to decide on the best bows for our three kids and we're looking at the Bear Odyssey II for our 9 year old. Lancaster has it $189, which is the best I can find it online....just concerned it might be too good to be true.

2. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Lancaster is one of the best if not the best online store out there. They also have a significant retail store, although I have never seen it.
    I can tell you that going with Lancaster would not be a mistake, in fact it would be a pleasure, especially if you talk to one of their folks on the phone.

They know their stuff.

I give them a 10 out of 10.

Ron

3. elmuyloco5

elmuyloco5 Junior Member

Great!! That's good news. Their price on the bow is way under anything else I could find, so I was a bit worried. Looks like if we end up with that bow we'll save a good deal of money. Thanks!

4. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Don't worry. They have a significant positive reputation in the industry. You need to get ahold of on of their catalogs. They have some amazing stuff in there.

You will be amazed at their customer service. In my opinion they define how customer service should be done...

Good luck !

Ron

5. bearjunkie

bearjunkie New Member

Lancaster archery is probally one of the best in the area. I bought my bow there. They were real helpful and know alot. The selection there is good also. I go there at least twice a month for suppilies and to shot the techno shoot. you cant go wrong. You may also want to try ephrata archery they have a great indoor 3-D range but the bow selection isnt as good. Good luck

6. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

I love getting my yearly lancaster catalog...like, I may love it too much :noidea:

7. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

LAS is a great company to deal with. I have never had a bad experince and never heard of anyone having one. Along with good prices they also have great customer service!!! :thumb:

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Yup what he said.....

the only bad thing is their WEB site is REDICULOUSLY SLOOOOOOWWWWWWW..........

I refuse to look at stuff on there anymore......now I call them, when I need something.....

9. archer1983

archer1983 New Member

Ditto.

Also they have super fast shipping. I place an order there and it arrives in 3 days usually!!!

Talk to Rob@LAS over on archerytalk. He can give ya the ins and outs of Lancaster archery.

10. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Excellent company and outstanding customer service...

11. hophunt

hophunt New Member

Bear Youth bows

Not sure how big your kids are, however my 8 y/o daughter was shooting a bear pioneer. Very similar bow to the onw you are looking at purchasing. I to was trying to save some $$$ on her bow. (funny how we spend 700-900.00 on our bows, but expect a 150.00 bow to perform the same for our kids.) She is a small framed child and struggled with the bow weight. She really enjoyed shooting, but the weight wore her down quickly. I sold that bow and reinvested in a Stacey Archery Tom Thumb II. Lighter bow, smaller riser design for a childs grip. The bow arrived set to her draw length and weight and she loves it. It does cost a little more at $209.00 bare bow, but I think if you (and most importantly your kids) are serious about getting them going right, you should atleast check it out.

http://www.staceyarchery.com/tom-thumb.html

12. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

I have tried many other online stores in the past, but since my first purchase from Lancaster they are my only supplier of archery Gear.
    I have never bought a bow from them but I am sure you wont go wrong with with that choise.
    I give em a 10 out of 10!

13. archeryoptics

archeryoptics New Member

If you haven't yet realized that LAS is a good place to go heres another 10-10 for them. Also at the shoots with their trailor. If you need help the are there. They have saved alot of shooters in a panic break down at the shoots and do it right. I think you get the pic.

14. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

If I am right, this bow is discontinued so that is probably why they have it cheap.

15. Brown Hornet

Brown Hornet New Member

Lancaster is the #1 archery retailer in the WORLD. You have nothing to worry about. I have been shoping there for about 10 years:D

Rob runs a class place....

16. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

Ditto, all I've heard is good about Lancaster.

17. CJKOLCUN

CJKOLCUN CJKOLCUN

I have been shopping there for years now never had a bad deal yet....

18. cboutin

cboutin New Member

Lancaster is great they have just about everything you need and get it out quick

19. elmuyloco5

elmuyloco5 Junior Member

20. Yanni

Yanni New Member

Yeah I Love L.A.S. I live about 45mins. from there so I'm pretty lucky. They are the best at what they do, no doudt about it. I just shadowed Moose up there for my high school project. There great people and they'll take good care of you!