lenses

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by bowtech 101, Dec 21, 2007.

1. bowtech 101

bowtech 101 New Member

I am looking to get a new scope lense I dont know rather to get a 6 or 8 power I am looking at the True Spot lense. any info
    I manly shoot Vegas with a little 3D mixed in for fun

2. rdnkgrl_robinhood

rdnkgrl_robinhood Senior Member

A six is pretty strong for me and I am nearly blind. One thing that you are going to need to consider is that whatever strength lens you decide to get you should plan on using a clearifier in your peep. Putting a lens that strong on bow may cause things to look kinda blurry.
    Just FYI as I use a six power lens with a 2 power clearifier in my peep for both my target bow and my hunting bow and I havent had any trouble.

Hope this helps,

rdnkgrl_robinhood

3. bowtech 101

bowtech 101 New Member

I will most be getting a clarifier to go with either lense

4. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I have a 6x grind in my true spot and use a #2 clarifier. It works well for me. Just wish I had a 3/8" center instead of 1/4".

5. bowtech 101

bowtech 101 New Member

why do you wish for the larger center

6. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Seems a little harder to find the X sometimes with the smaller field of view. I had a 3/8" center that I dropped and broke and it just seemed easier with it.

7. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

I like 2X ,3x at the most for field . 3X,4X at the most for indoor. How can somebody hold 8x steady? I would get sea sick. No clarifiers needed for good 4X. none needed for 2-3X even if its mediocre glass.aim small, miss small.

8. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

just be aware that shooting a high power lens will also promote target panic faster. I found this out when i bought an 8x lens. The X was so larg I was trying to get it to hold on it. and would punch the trigger thinking that it was very larg area to hit. 6x for spots would be as larg as I go...

9. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

I am not much of a spot shooter... but for 3D I tried using a 6X and found that it magnified everything too much and drove me nuts. I have switched to a 4X thats seems to be working good for me. :noidea: