Let's Give Up For All Hoyt Bows....

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by STRO, May 1, 2008.

1. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Enough of all these bowtech pics....

I've been tinkering around with my two hoyts and I love them more and more everyday.

I've got my hunting bow, my vulcan, shooting 300 fps with my hunting arrows, gold tip 7595's, and it's shooting 315 fps with my fatboys.

And my vectrix xl is shooting a very smooth and forgiving 285 fps with my fatboy shafts.

I am having a very hard time deciding which bow I want to take out and shoot. I think I may take the vulcan with the fatboys to the 3d MAC shoot at Blackhawk this weekend.

I can not get over how smooth and forgiving these bows are. Especially the vulcan for having such a short brace height and a shorter ata considering my draw length is 30 inches.

Just had to toot my horn on how it HOYTS to be shooting such sweet bows.

2. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

I like the look of the Hoyts....though I tend to run a bit hot and cold on the limb pockets. Sometimes I like em...sometimes I think they look a bit dated. Just depends on my mood, I suppose. There's no doubt they are build like a brick :censored: house.

Post some pictures!

What did you shoot before you did he total switch to Hoyt?

3. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

Hoyt makes bows? :laugh:

4. STRO

I shot yesterdays bows. Forgot what they are called. Something along the lines of Slocam. I remember they had really fat grips.

5. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I have a Reflex on order. Is that close enough?....:noidea: :biggrin1:

6. STRO

I haven't shot a reflex but I am sure if it's anything close to the hoyt's, which I'm sure they are, you are going to be a very happy man. Just don't shoot at the same spot, robinhoods can become expensive.

7. J.C.

J.C. New Member

It's a caribou and I'm gonna shoot it with fingers so there's not much chance of that.....:biggrin1:

8. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

Man oh man...before that comment I thought you were smart rather than lucky. With such a fanboy comment...I was clearly mistaken. :pout:

9. STRO

All in fun. I really liked the switchback I had, I just had a real hard time with the grip on it. I was always torquing it.

10. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

I've heard exceptional reviews of the switchback...though almost every one suggests using a much slimmer replacement grip.

I think most of the Mathews guys around here just sand their grip down to their liking. I could never bring myself to touch a belt sander to a piece of my bow....something phychologically disturbing about post-manufacturing my gear. Now if it was YOUR gear...gimme gimme. :D

11. j3dGuam

j3dGuam Senior Member

Yes it is! and the Caribou is a fine Reflex bow with Hoyt Laminated limbs,

12. J.A.G.

J.A.G. Senior Member

I love mine! :wave:

13. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

Ultra Mag here too. Hoping to get a Katera XL if money permits. Come on, overtime!

14. J.A.G.

J.A.G. Senior Member

its a good bow.

15. tek

tek Senior Member

Vulcan

I'm not sure how Hoyt did it with the Vulcan but its got to be the most forgiving speed bow that I've ever shot with a six inch brace height. This year with the Vulcan, I've shot my highest 3D scores ever and I've been 3Ding for a long long time :cool:

16. STRO

IT HOYTS TO BE SOOOOO GOOOOD!!!!!!!​
    !

17. my3sons&I

my3sons&I New Member

Four Hoyt's in this family of five. Youngest shooting a Bear Jr. bow.
    Hoyt Banshee
    Hoyt Redline
    Hoyt Lazer Tech
    Hoy Katera
    Nuf said.

18. STRO

You said it all with "Nuf said"

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

did you start this thread with.......

LETS GIVE UP???:pound: :pound: :pound: