limbs

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by achory, Aug 14, 2008.

1. achory

achory New Member

hi my riser is 25 inches and i got med limbs. but my draw is 26 inchs. so i can go to short limbs. but if i do will it help me. the limds are 40 pound .iam looking at win and win winex limbs. achory

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Welcome to the forum...:welcome: I am thinking your talking about a competition recurve here? I can't help ya with that but somebody may chime in...:peace:

3. J.C.

J.C. New Member

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

I dont know much about competition recurves. what length is your bow with the medium limbs and what would it be with the shorter ones?

4. achory

achory New Member

hi riser is 23 inch and makes 66inche bow with med limbs.it would be a 64 inche bow with short limbs

5. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I would ask your question in this forum. there's a lot more experience in your style of archery there.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=24

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Who would be VERY helpful with your question would be Lancaster Archery. They do a lot of olympic/FITA type recurve business and have some really smart customer service folks. They'll be more than happy to help even if you don't buy from them. You can also get a free catalog through their WEB site.

www.lancasterarchery.com

I have bought some accessories from them and they have been very helpful in answering questions I have had.

Ron

7. red44

red44 Senior Member

Question is, would it help you, how? Speed? If you had shorts in there that ended up the same lbs at your DL, you might gain a minimal amount of speed , minimal. You are only talking about an inch on each end. IMO I don't think you'll see enough difference to justify it. A different riser more suited to your draw lenth mabey, but not a limb change of 2". A riser that has a flatter limb pocket angle would gain you more speed than a 2" change in limb lenth.
    This is based on what I've read on other sites.
    I have tossed around going to mediums myself, from longs. In almost every post on this I read where it makes little difference.
    There may be a difference going to winnex from wood/glass or wood/carbon. Winnex are said to load early and stay smooth, so you may gain some speed there as the power stroke is right to brace. When I can afford winnexs, I'll advise from personal experience. :biggrin1:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  8. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

If you have questions about traditional archery here is a great resource. Of course we do expect you to continue coming here for some good ole archery chatting also. Hope they can help ya out. http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

9. red44

red44 Senior Member

X2, a great site for that info.