Looking for a good hunting bow

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Sammy PSU, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Sammy PSU

Sammy PSU Member

I have a Commander coming (I'm a lefty so God himself only knows when I'm gonna get it) and was actually trying to get a shorter bow for hunting. My current bow isn't too bad, but I'm not thrilled with it. Anyway, I figured instead of badgering the living daylights out of Chris (which I've already done LOL), what you guys thought would be a good Hoyt to fit the bill. Obviously, the Commander would be just fine, but I'm going to try and keep it in the best condition I have. Thanks for any thoughts. Sam

2. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

If you're only looking at hoyts and want a shorter bow you can't go wrong the vectrix. I have the xl and absolutely love it. Just curious, why are you limiting yourself to a hoyt. I think the drenalin would be a good choice if you're looking for a hunting only bow. It's very lightweight and I believe 33 inch axle to axle.

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

the drenalin would be a good choice, as would a Vulcan, or a Guide serier tec hunter Extreme...

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I would go with the Vectrix. But one question have you shot the Truth by Bear???? Very nice bow.

5. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

Vectrix is a nice one, I have a xl, but for hunting, ill be shooting the trykon, The draw is alot smoother on the vecrix cams, the trykon has a bit harder draw. As far as accuracy, Id have to say its a toss up, their both great shooters, I get about 280 fps with a 400 gr arrow out of my trykon at 69 lbs at a 28.5 DL. I love it.

6. for one thing the name hoyt and "good hunting bow" or"good bow" for that matter don't belong in the same sentance:tape: kind of an oxymoron:laugh:

7. sorry, but you had to know it was only a matter of time before somone did it.:biggrin1:

8. rdt

rdt Junior Member

The Vectrix is very smooth and is a good shooter.

Of course I'd buy an Allegiance.

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Allegiance another great hunting bow as well as the Switchback XT and the Diamond Black ICE......

10. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

At our shop we got a new hoyt lazer Tech w/ cam and a half. 70lbs. I think its a 2005-2006. Last year they made them. Its lefty and he's trying to get rid of it for $340.00. He will ship to ya too. Just a thought. Its a sweet bow.

11. tek

tek Senior Member

While you are looking at Hoyts check out the Vulcan, its a sleeper :rockon:

12. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

ha sammy

I guess if you gotta hava hoyt :doh: & not a PSE:rockon:
    I guess the best one ive setup is the drenlin..:bored:

MAN THAT HURT'S

13. BowhuntnHoosier

All around awsome hunting bow would have to be the SB XT.:peace: :hug: :biggrin1:

14. Sammy PSU

Sammy PSU Member

Thanks for all the responses fellas. I got a smokin' deal on a Vulcan so that's what it's gonna be. Now the hunt is on for 28" cams, that should be fun :noidea: . One thing I couldn't believe about it is the KE, it's sick.:scared: Hadn't seen a Commander in brush until yesterday, man is that a sweet looking bow, it was so quiet it was unbelievable. Shooting inside, only thing you heard was the arrow hitting.

Happy Easter!

15. Pinwheel1969

you like kenetic energy !! try the X-Force . 98# KE !!! thats alot...

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

are they makin um lefty yet????

17. Pinwheel1969

yes!! we got one on order in lefty!!! we got 5 sold in right and one left sold aint here yet.. just shot the 60# we got for a tester and they say " Sold" !!!

18. BowhuntnHoosier

Ok so just what are you hunting that you will need 98#KE?????:noidea:

Armored truck maybe???:laugh:

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you have them on order and they are making them is 2 different things.....

20. slamdam

slamdam Senior Member

I shot them all and chose the switchback XT my 2 cents