Looking to buy some property

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by tnts79, Oct 17, 2007.

1. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Anyone know any good places to look for property being sold.....?

2. Bluzman

Bluzman Junior Member

What kind and geographic area?

3. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Illinois/hunting-recreational property

4. Cablegaurd21

Cablegaurd21 Senior Member

I know there is some prime land in Iowa. Not much olny about ten acres or so but it has a house on it and the deer sign is amazing. it's surrounded by a privately owned bowhunters club (50 acres) my fater-in-laws land (10 acres) and more timber(owners unknown). I don't know what they will ask for it the bank just repo'ed it this year. I'' keep you posted if your interested. It's near Anamosa, IA.

5. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

PM me with the information if you would. I am interested, I would really like to find something close to where I am now but if the price is good I wouldnt mind having some residency in IOWA!!!!!

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Get a copy of Midwest Outdoors magazine. There are names/numbers of realtors in there every month that sell hunting land. One of them can help you.

Ron

7. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

watcha need to do is find a farmer with a bunch of ground and a daughter

8. chainsawlaskowski

chainsawlaskowski Junior Member

Take your time...

If you don't have residency in Iowa, it is presently taking three years to draw a archery tag! And residency isn't automatic just because you have land there. Consider how far a drive it is to get to from where you live, what kind of land surrounds it, what kind of hunting pressure the surrounding land gets, How much the taxes are, Is it buildable if you would choose to do so in the future, the availability of getting a tag every year, are you allowed to put a camper on the land if you would like, are utilities available or how much will it cost to bring them in, Etc. etc. etc.
    These are just some oif the things to consider when buying property. Better to ask these questions BEFORE you sign the papers.
    Jeff

9. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

10. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

:amen: :amen: :amen: :amen: :amen: A hot blonde daughter would be a +!

11. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

He's right... I live on the border of IL and IA and I have plenty of friends that live in IA and we have it made (IL bowhunters) compared to them in IA...

You best do some research on owning land in IA. Property taxes are another thing to check into as well as wether or not the land is farmable, etc...

That is not something you just want to jump into.

Ron

12. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I would much rather own some land in central IL., although a small place in IOWA wouldnt be too bad if the price and location was right!

13. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

MAN..... I DIDNT WANT PROPERTY UNTILL I STARTED LOOKING AT THIS!!

14. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

There's a real good joke hidden in there if you add the farmers wife and a shotgun.:tape: