Loop Or No Loop?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by TAKEMNOW, Jan 16, 2008.

1. TAKEMNOW

TAKEMNOW New Member

Owner Of A Bow Shop I Patronize, Does Not Advocate The Nock Loop System. He Feels That It's Just Something Else That Can Go Wrong And Uses A Release Off The String...

He Also Advocates A Biscuit Rest, Over All The Drop Down Systems For The Same Reason.

Open To Your Comments.........

2. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Loop. Eliminates torque put on your string by the twisting of your release. Eliminates serving wear from release. If tied correctly, it will not fail.

Biscuit. Nothing wrong with the biscuit for hunting or casual 3D shooting. I would recommend a blade or drop away if you get serious.

3. rut

rut Junior Member

My thoughts exactly.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

hey Justin, when did you get so smart???:D

5. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night....... :noidea: :noidea:

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

sweet, so diagnose my neck pain.........:frusty:

7. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I would suggest reducing the amount of contact you have with Bullfiddle and Two Shoes. I imagine they are the pain in your neck......:noidea:

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you know you are a smart guy..........:D

9. J.C.

J.C. New Member

You beat your head against that brick wall too much........:noidea:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

these guys, make me nuts sometimes.......

11. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

Sounds like he's old school and hasnt caught up to the 2008.. the Biscuit is good for hunting. But not serious 3d or spots. To much arrows and fletching contact for my taste. I'll take a Trophy Taker over a bisciut any day.. hunting or target shhoting. and the loop is a way to keep string square. I've seen arrows fall off strings and get dry fired from the string nocks squeezing the arrow almost all the way off the string. And watching the arow hit the ground as the guy squeezed the release off. loop all the way for me. Or at least loop on the release. Servings take a beating from jaws eating them.

12. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Then I am with him

13. Oregon Archer

Oregon Archer New Member

for hunting i shoot off of the string. i just like being able to hook up really quick to the string. i use a brass nock on top and an e button bellow to keep from pinching the nock. for 3D and spots though i use a loop.

14. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Ya

You know what i use.:frusty:
    Thats because im hard headed just like th guy that owns that shop.:lol:
    I say u go old timmer.:rockon:
    Nothing wrong with shooting off the serving, but if ya do use a rope release.
    We did for years before the loops came out.
    I dont like that bisquit because some times i shoot instintive if a deer gets up and stands there for a quick shot i throw the bow up and look down the shaft at 20yds or less, i taught myself that way.
    After setting up my hunting bow i learned along time ago to grab the string with my bare hands 3 fingers underneath and shoot down the shaft the same way i shoot my recurve.
    Try it is cool.
    I dont think i could do this with the biscquit i couldnt see down the shaft!:noidea:

15. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

And make sure to keep your powder dry and your hatchet sharpened.....:biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

16. BOWTECHER

BOWTECHER Member

2 Posts and you guys hijack a brand new members thread.

REAL NICE!!:frusty:

17. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

There are 5 opinions to answer his question. What did you add to the thread?

18. BOWTECHER

BOWTECHER Member

Nothing, sorry to have questioned one of the BRASS??

19. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

:pound: :pound:

I'm not brass, but I did look at your past posts and I'd say more than a couple were off topic....:cool:

That is the personality of this site. We answer the questions and have fun in the process.......:biggrin1:

20. jp20

jp20 New Member

I shoot a loop release and a trophy taker drop away. Anything that touches the arrow is going to slow it down. And the wisker biscuit creates a lot of friction. Accuracy will improve with a dropaway also.