Magnus Bullhead!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by thehairlessone!, Dec 22, 2007.

1. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

Magnus & Double Bull have a new turkey broadhead coming out. I didnt know if everyone had seen it or not. Very cool! :thumb:

It is similiar in design to the gobbler guillotine but it is far superior in my opinion. The design is much better and they are much easier to use not to mention more accurate.

Here is a video about them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_evKubUuqwo

Here are a couple photos too. I cant wait to try them out of my new dark horse blind this spring! :biggrin1:

rick

2. SinGin

SinGin Banned

Got any idea what the might cost?

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

For someone that recently applied for 3 turkey tags, I'm liking the looks of this head.:D

4. thehairlessone!

They should be on sale anytime. I dont know about the cost but I would guess around $40 a pack. Luckily I live in the same town as magnus and I am going to go in after Christmas and check on them.

I believe they come with an extra set of blades too so you can practice with them.

They should be awesome. One really neat thing about them. The 100 gr. version is a little smaller and you can actually take a body or head shot with them. The 125 gr. is too large for body shots.

rick

5. thehairlessone!

[yt]4dNTrp66DzU[/yt]

AAAHH! Why wont that post the video?:frusty:

I stopped by the shop today and saw the prototype guys. These things are KILLER (pun intended! :laugh: )

rick

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  6. SinGin

SinGin Banned

Hey Rick, I saw on A/T the other day a 2 or 3 page thread about Double Bull blinds and someone over there was asking what happened to you and suddenly no one wanted to post anymore. Sorry to hijack your thread, just thought you might like to know you are still missed over there. I guess their loss is our gain.

7. thehairlessone!

Singin,
    thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it. It is nice to know that I am missed. There are alot of people on AT that I miss chatting with as well.

I did recently ask to be allowed back on AT but I dont know if that is going to happen or not.

rick

8. chainsawlaskowski

chainsawlaskowski Junior Member

Double Bull Dark Horse blind

Hey Rick, I am fairly new to this site. I sent you a message that I would like to be notified when you have the new blinds available. Is there any way to contact you directly (besides this site) to give you my personal e-mail and/or home phone # so that you can contact me when the blinds become available?
    I would like to buy it from you if we can work it out.
    Thanks!
    Jeff

9. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

OK I got a question? I have never hunted turkey with this type of broadhead but I assume these are made for head shots? What if the arrow hits the turkey in the body will this type of broadhead get any type of penetration or are we looking at a wounded bird? I am just curious not trying to put down anybody's equipment at all...:noidea: :noidea:

10. thehairlessone!

jeff,
    no problem at all. Anyone who is interested in a blind can contact me at: bowhuntingfanatic@hotmail.com anytime

My website http://www.rickshunting.com

is under construction but should be up and running anytime.

Bullfiddle,
    to answer your question. The gobbler guillotine was intended for head shots only and was limited to that. The bullhead is designed for head and body shots (100 gr. model) so it is more versatile.

There are so many neat things about this broadhead I dont know where to start. First off, the blades are much thicker. They are like .48 instead of .35 or something like that. They are going to come preassembled and with an extra set of blades. The packaging is going to double as a carrying case for transporting them into the field and it will have tuning tips,etc. on the back.

You do NOT need any straws to get good arrow flight like the guillotine. They have tested these out to 40-50 yds. on frozen hotdogs. If you shoot a left helical you can switch the blades to a left helical. If you shoot a right helical you can switch them to a right helical. That is why they fly so good.

Obviously your bow has to be tuned and your arrows will need to be a little longer than usual but these are the perfect broadhead for turkeys.

I have always wanted to try to shoot them in the head but when I got some guillotines I wasnt impressed to be honest. They broke easily and were a pain to put together among other things. Not to mention you couldnt really practice with them. The bullhead is going to take many more practice shots.

sorry to be so long winded. I am not trying to "sell" you anything. I honestly think this broadhead is going to be awesome and that is why I am so sold on it.

rick

11. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Thanks Rick this was what I was looking for....:thumb:

12. thehairlessone!

Happy to help!:peace:

rick