martin firecat pro ??????????

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by rob, Sep 7, 2008.

1. rob

rob oldschoolstringpuller

got a new firecat pro. does anybody have any pros or cons on this bow. been shooting it for 3 weeks and everything seems to be fine. only problem i have with it is it is a little bet louder then my oldschool mathews (ultramax) . any input would be helpfull. just dont hurt me too bad because i already own the bow.

2. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

Not sure what you're asking exactly, I didn't care for the draw cycle but if you like it there is nothing wrong with the bow. :noidea:

3. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

You might try some string silencers. It might be a bit louder than your previous bow, but then it's probably quite a bit faster, too, and that's part of the price.

By the way, why do you ask after you bought the bow? You should do this before you buy. By now you should have some idea of the pros and/or cons according to your own opinions.

4. rob

I shoot a 60# bow at one store and it was nice and quiet. Then i ordered a 70# bow from a rep. The bow i have has a slight metal to metal sound around the shelf and i asked for pros and cons to see if anybody has had this problem. (If it is a problem). i pulled the sight off and changed to rest to see if that was the problem. Its was not the problem. maybe the bow just sounds like that. That kinda why i asked.

5. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

In that case I understand. However, I haven't heard of any bows having your particular problem of a metalic sound. Have you checked all the module screws and such? Maybe you're hearing noise from the STS and string slapping it. Other than that I can't think of much else that would make a metal sound.

As I said, maybe a set of string silencers. Or try a heavier arrow. You're not shooting too light an arrow are you?

6. rob

i pulled the sts off and no change. my arrows are goldtip 55/75 at 362grains (12 grains over ibo) on 70# 28" draw 26.5" arrows.

7. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

OK, I understand. A loose module screw is a good thought. I'd check every bolt and be sure they are all tight.

8. steve bear

steve bear Member

they are a tad loud,but shot same # same arrow,same dl against a drenlin & the fc was 32 fps faster. did not expect that.the dren was smooth & quiet & cost almost $200.more OTD.

9. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

That's part of the point I try to make. Not as smooth but much faster at the same weight. To get the same speed as the Dren you'd have to back it down about 15#. I wonder how smooth it would feel at 55# compared to the Dren. Now that would be a fair comparison of the bows.

Your arrows, although 5gr/lb might be a little light anyway considering the hard cam. Try backing the weight down to about 65 and see what happens. You'll only drop about 10fps but it might help.

10. Huntin4Whitetails

Huntin4Whitetails New Member

Check to make sure the cables are not touching the sides of the Modules. The cables on mine were routed incorrectly and they were just touching the side of the modules and making a terrible twang. I also moved some of the cam spacers around to move the cams so they were more centered in the limbs. Doing that got rid of a lot of cam lean.

11. rob

thanks for your help guys.