Michigan Archers help needed!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by whitetail99, Mar 10, 2007.

1. whitetail99

whitetail99 Senior Member

Why do we continue this poor decision year after year? Why I can't and lots of other serious archers can't shoot the R-100 because it seem like a "Richard waving contest" for 3D shoots that weekend. This should stop right now some one over at Lincoln Bowman should stand up and fix this now PLEASE!!!

Location: POST 46 HUNT & FISH CLUB - 8888 Dexter Town Hall Rd., Dexter, MI
    Description: Michigan I.B.O. State Championship/World Qualifier
    Phone: 734-260-5505
    E-mail: hicktownUSA@yahoo.com
    Date: June 23-24, 2007

MASO {MASO largest event}
    Country Woods Archery 2007
    06.24.2007 06.24.2007 10:00:AM
    Rick Crandall 989.224.9307

R-100
    Lincoln Bowmen
    June 23rd & 24th Brownstown, MI

Stop this now
    Please
    More participation​

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

how close are all these clubs to one another???

how many clubs in your area have shoots on a regular bases???

3. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

Another big problem is: that we have qualifier shoots during big national events. I have noticed low participation at some shoots due to alot attend these large events. This is why our new ASA state rep. has made it a point to schedule around ASA,IBO, and Maso shoots as best as possible. Though we dont host any IBO's. He tries to be fair to all shooters so they have a chance to attend as many shoots as possible. We are even having our first Maso shoot this year. It only makes sence. Though it is hard to schedule so many shoots and not to have land on same weekend. I think that Michigan has like 10 Ibo state reps. is a joke!!!! I dont get it? ASA has 1, Maso has 1, LMAA/ NFAA has 1. I think they need to stick to 1 rep. And have reps. get together at the begining of the year and try to set shoots not so far apart. And for sure the Ibo needs to make some rule changes. There are way to many sand baggers. ASA has them too. But, not this year. The new rep. has told all people that has been in novice and such they will be moved up. Which is good for the sport. New comers that want to compete dont want to shoot with guys that have been hovering in 1 class for 5 years
    that has won beyond the limit. There is work to be done for 3d in michigan. But its a good thing.... We have alot of shooters and its only going to get bigger!!!!!

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

we have some of the same issues around here but in this area we dont have any big shoots.....We do however have a bunch of local clubs all trying to get as many shooters as possible.....

in this area we have 6 shoots on september 9th this year....all within 60 miles of each other......

You need to have a wow factor at your shoot to get people to come to it.....

hey guys there are only 52 weekends a year......and then you take away most holidays and winter weekends.......

5. whitetail99

whitetail99 Senior Member

We have piles and piles of great clubs and shoots.:doh: But the largest two IBO and MASO events are on the same weekend OKAY fine. But why on earth would one decide to have the R-100 which is a two day shoot the very same weekend?:doh: