minimum texas hunting draw weight?

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by zyxcountdown, May 26, 2008.

1. zyxcountdown

zyxcountdown complete noob

does anybody know or know where i can find the minimum Texas hunting draw weight/s?

I am considering bow hunting but i dont want to go out and break 500,000,000 rules

2. firechic

firechic IKE refugee... hehe

I don't know where you can find the rules except for maybe Texas Parks and Wildlife, but the minimum draw weight to hunt is 40lbs.

3. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

First.....:welcome: :welcome: :wave: Glad to have ya.

Here is what I found on TPWD website:

Longbows, compound bows, or recurved bows:

must have a 40-pound minimum draw at the time of hunting, when used to hunt turkey and all game animals other than squirrel.
    that are equipped with a device that allows the bow to be locked at full or partial draw are lawful during any season when lawful archery equipment may be used.

Other rules can be found here:

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/annual/hunt/

Good luck!

4. zyxcountdown

5. atexx2

atexx2 Junior Member

The TPWD are scrapping the 40lb minimum this September 2008, but check the web site for all the other 1,000,000 rules and regs, and welcome to the sport

6. zyxcountdown

k

Thx appreciated it

7. Thundergod

Thundergod New Member

Why is there a minimum draw weight for hunting? I never thought it would matter. I assume it is so that the animal does not suffer? I guess another question would be, do different animals require a different draw weight?

8. southern_rebel

southern_rebel New Member

Here is a link to some of the new regulations for the 2008-2009 hunting/fishing seasons.

Eliminate Bowhunting Minimum Draw Weight

This removes the requirement of a 40-pound minimum peak draw weight on bowhunting equipment.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/newsmedia/releases/?req=20080331a