Mods, are there any?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by poorshot, Aug 27, 2007.

1. poorshot

poorshot Senior Member

How long does it take mods to approve a thread? I been waiting for approval since Saturday on a simple thread, in the Offtopic section.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Send Chris a PM....he will look for it.....and get it approved

3. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

hey it took me 5 days ta git a couple last week.:noidea:

4. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

It took me PMing Chris and resubmitting mine :biggrin1:

5. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I normally check the offtopic a couple times per day. However, this time of year we are extremely swamped. If we remove the moderation you will see the tons of spam that end up in the offtopic sections.

If you don't see your posts, just pm me and I'll take care of it. Occasionally, I have accidentally deleted message because they blended with the sea of spam I was deleting.

Poorshot, I looked for moderated posts by you and didn't find any. It is possible I accidentally deleted it. :frusty:

Just go ahead and repost it.

The Offtopic Moderated forum is a necessary evil that we all just have to deal with for now. The alternative is worse. I'm sure most of the regulars remember the spam we were getting in there.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
  6. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I do kind of miss the ads for paris hilton pics, ED drugs, and where to get my perscriptions filed for free though :lol:

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I don't miss that crap one bit.:doh:

You doing a fine job Chris no matter what the site GURU says.:p

8. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

i sent one a week ago also but it did not make it through.... i figured Chris was busy or didnt like my topic :Cry:

9. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Sometimes the baby gets thrown out with the bath water. It's not personal, it just happens sometimes when I'm deleted 20-30 spam messages per day.

You can PM me regarding your posts and I'll got look for them and approve them.

10. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

Seems that this Forum would be a Target Demographic for ED drugs. Maybe they would be site sponsors?

11. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Nah if we needed any ED drugs we'd just borrow some from your private stash. :biggrin1:

12. Gary J

Gary J Member

Chris,

Have you thought about enlisting a couple of the regulars to help with screening topics?

Having a few helpers would free you up to do site maintenance and upgrades and maybe get out and shoot!

I've watched a couple very nice forums fall on hard times when the CEO burned himself out trying to do everything by himself.

If you start now, when the site is not so busy, you can have a cadre of folks in place when traffic picks up.

13. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

Borrow? How do you intend to give them back when you are done with them?:noidea: