Mosquitos and Thermacell

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I'm sure everyone is having as much fun with the Mosquitos as I am. Someone told me to get a Thermacell. This is a little heating device that is for mosquitos.

I shot a full field round this weekend. One half with only deepwoods off and the second have with the Thermacell. I never re-applied the Off for the 2nd round.

Well the first half was pretty bad. I got chewed on pretty bad. The second half, I turned on the Thermacell. At first I didn't think it was working. By the 3rd target, I noticed the Mosquitos were not getting near me.

Now you have to consider the second half of this course is the worst for mosquitos. I will not say these things are perfect but I really think it helped quite a bit.

If your interested you can go here to check them out. I understand they are available at menards and kmart. They have "where to buy" on their website.

2. OutbackRuss

OutbackRuss Junior Member

bout what do the sell for? also will it work for deer hunting?

3. Chris

I have talked to people that have used them for deer hunting. They run about $22 for the unit. After that, you just buy the refills.

4. OutbackRuss

OutbackRuss Junior Member

are the replacements expensive?

5. Chris

The refills purchased direct are $5.99
    Their website is www.mosquitorepellant.com

They will probably be a little cheaper locally.

6. Chopper

Chopper Junior Member

Chris:

Did you have this unit strapped to your quiver or how did you carry it? It says on the package that it should be placed on a level hard surface.

Thanks,
    Chopper

7. Chris

I have a water bottle holder on my quiver. It fit in their pretty well. This item has a small plastic grill on it and it does get hot so you need it pretty stable. They are pretty top heavy so you can't hang them very well.

8. Pinky

Pinky Senior Member

Chris,

How long does a cartridge last?

9. Chris

I was able to use the fuel cell for 3 shoots but did use all three repellant sticks. I changed it for each shoot. I believe the refill kit is like $5 and comes with the fuel and three repellant sticks or wafers or whatever they call them.