most versatile fletching jigs

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by bigbucks1, Aug 29, 2007.

1. bigbucks1

bigbucks1 Junior Member

Hey guys, I am wanting to purchase a fletching jig to repair/build my own arrows. Which jigs are the most versatile? I would be using aluminum,wood and carbon shafts with 3 vanes and feathers and different configurations- straight, left helical and **** feather down. Are there any that come with several clamps or do you have to buy those separately? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Bitzenberger is the best in my opinion. Ye Ole Archery Shoppe has them for $69 and it's well worth it.

3. j3dGuam

j3dGuam Senior Member

One more vote for the Bitz.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:rockon: yup:rockon:

5. J.C.

J.C. New Member

:welcome: bigbucks1 :wave:

Bitzenberger :thumb:

6. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

absolutely, no questions asked, hands down THE BEST

7. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Yup top shealve
    I tried some of tha others no comparision.

Ya only gonna have ta do it one time fer they will out live you.:peace:

8. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

So nice I have 2.....:peace:

9. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Bitz is the best.

Having said that, I have a Grayling which works like the Bitz but it's made of fiber reinforced plastic. 3 years and dozens of arrows and it's still going strong.

Ron

10. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Blitz!

I agree!
    Blitz is the best but i could only buy 1
    I also have a 6 clamp JO-Jan which is pretty good for fixed Helical!:biggrin1:

11. red44

red44 Senior Member

Just in case these guys are confusing you :noidea: , I have a Grayling. Nice enough, but wish I'd bought the Bitz. Get the best the first time.

12. pilot

pilot Senior Member

I have a Grayling also...I can get the job done with it but i think a Bitz will be showing up at the house in the near future.

13. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

My arrow builder uses Bitz. I am thinking about getting one so I can refletch my sons and friends arrows. I do not need to refletch mine.............................because I do not shoot at the same spot.:p Ok so maybe sometimes I just gotta do it. But not very often. I have other archery stuff I wanna buy instead of arrows and vanes.:peace:

14. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome...
    That said...Buy the Bitz it cost alittle more but it is the best and it will last a lifetime...:biggrin1:

15. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Grayling for a lot of reasons, Cheap so I bought it first. It is a plastic version on the Blitz. But it has one thing others do not have. They send me a shaft indexer for free. It replaces the hook on the end the supports the arrow.