my score from 3d shoot today

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Werd, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Werd

Werd Senior Member

258....not bad for my first. and i just gotta get better with judging yardage. i could of had one 12 points but....buck laying down. 25 yard shot i used 30 pin:frusty: so i took the 10 i got and just threw another arrow and got a 12 im like wow. so i could of had a few extra. but now i know. but guess what. i will be going back for more. that WAS REALLY fun

2. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

So now you see what I was talking about. Yardage guessing is not what you thought. But it is a fun sport.

3. Werd

Werd Senior Member

yes it was pritty difficult. i did really good on turkey shots. lol smaller i did better. got a 5 on a big elk ??lol. 30 yards and i used 20 yard pin. it was like in tall grass and all wierd and i couldnt see the other side so it was difficult. but i will be going again. by the 10th target im like wow this is mad fun

4. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

O yes it is. I shoot one where they had a elk about 50 yards out. Over a small rise. you had to shoot from behind some fallen logs piled you. The rise was a little taller they I thought and the elk farther back. So most every one missed or got a 5. Then there was a 47 yard shoot at a standing deer. It was about 40 feet down and 47 yards out. But the kicker was to hit the 10 or 12 you had to make the shoot with a tree mid way to the target. Miss and hit the tree. Most of the pro shooters did not chance it. Me I 12ed it with my long shot small arrow. But like i told you I have 20 to 30 dozen arrows. So if I lose one no bug deal.

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Pretty good...
    Judging yardage is a challenge for sure. What kills me is when they have open field targets and then you go into the wooded areas, and the opposite. I messes with my sense of distance bigtime...
    I love 3D though, it's a ton of fun.

Ron

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Nice shooting, yardage estimation is what its all about...you get better with practice...Keep it up...

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

awsome glad you had fun......

I think if you get o.k. at yardage, a really good pair of binos is more important.....

8. Werd

Werd Senior Member

yup. i had my binos with me. QSA told me to take them. i took his advice. it helped tons on fairly long shots because i couldnt see the 12 ring.

9. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

A lot of times you can't see the 10/11/12 ring because the foamies are so beat up so you should get used to that too...

Ron

10. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

The club he shot at usally has good/ newer targets... chances are he needs to get better binos:noidea: