Need advice on arrow rest???

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by WML, Mar 8, 2007.

1. WML

WML Junior Member

I ordered a new Drenalin a few weeks ago, and wondering what yall reccomended for a rest, I have shot a 2 prong style rest for years, and figured with all the new fall away rest out, there has to be some good ones out there! My brother, and several other friends swear by the Whisker Biscuit! So what style, and brand do you think is the best? I mostly will be using the bow for hunting, but also shoot 4 or 5 3D shoots a year as well.

I have looked at the Trophy Ridge fall away rest, but have not ruled out the Whisker Biscuit as well. Any pros or cons with these?

Your help is appreciated!!!!!

2. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I would use wb for hunting but if you're looking for a good drop away you can't go wrong with a trophy taker. There's many good drop away's out there

3. Baraboohunter

Baraboohunter Junior Member

i have to agree with clover and oats

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

welcome to you.....oh no not another Martin shooter.....j/k

now someone will actaully talk to smokes:bored: .......

you will find very quickly that we like to have a good time here, but we get serious from time to time.....

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Copper Johns Scardey Cat Pro......:biggrin1:

6. red44

red44 Senior Member

I've been using a Trophy Taker for a couple years with good results. I've just put a Limbdriver Pro from Vapor Trail on the Icon and so far so good. To me the big advatage of the fall aways is to be able to use any fletching material and configuration. A WB won't let you do that.

7. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

rests

I use the Trophy Taker drop away on all my bows . Whether its my hunting , spots or 3d rig. I also tested a Limbdriver. I like that one also. Aslo I tested the new drop away from Spot Hogg " the Wammy" very nice also.

8. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

For hunting I would suggest the WB. Hands down the best all around hunting rest. For a fall away I just recently put a ripcord on by XT so far I like it very much. Good luck and happy hunting.