need advice...

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by southernbowhunter, Sep 29, 2007.

1. OK here it goes, i was out shooting today at a little longer distances than i normally do. I began to notice that my arrows were starting to go in the target at a little angle, the angle increased as i moved back to about 50 yards but the sight seems to still be hitting the same place.

As to my major question will this reduce penetration on a deer. I cant see that its really makeing a huge difference in accuracy? Any recomendations?

Thanks

2. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

When you shoot from a farther distance......your arrow has more of an arc to it. The arrow's trajectory goes up more and has more of a downward angle when it hits the target.....

For this to be that noticeable, I would imagine you'd have to be shooting from some pretty decent distances.....:noidea:

3. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I was thinking the same thing. And if you're in a tree stand the arrow in angling into the vitals anyway.

Ron

4. ok should have specified it looks more like a little fish tailing kinda thing, i cant see it in actual flight but it impacting at level flight but going in at a right angle

5. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

So it is a nock left or right angle at further distances?

6. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Can you give some info on your set up....bow...lb's...arrows...bh's.

7. Nock left

stats

diamond undertaker
    26 1'2 draw
    cx200 with 100 grain montec
    drop zone rest
    65lbs

Pathfinder you home? I wanted to call about some arrow wraps i tried the other day but hate to bother people on saturdays if its ok let me know.....

8. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I'm working 12hr shifts this week......8am to 8pm. I'm at work now...:frusty:

Starting monday....I'll be off days straight though...:D

9. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

And oh yeah......if your arrow is hitting nock left at further distances, then it is fish tailing at shorter distances also and the arrow just so happens to be hitting straight at the short distance by coincidence. You probably have a rest center shot, arrow spine, or fletching contact problem. Have someone shoot your bow and watch from behind the arrow. I bet you'll see it then....:biggrin1:

10. No prob i am not in that much of a hurry, i will ring you up next week sometime....if you get a chance just PM me and let me know a good time i got a number off your site is that the good one? Its about the bama wraps thanks a million......

11. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Yep...that # is the one.

12. OK i did fool with my rest a little but not to much that may be the problem i was hopeing it was a wind issue it was blowing at left to right about 7-10 mph. it doesnt seem to make a difference from 10 yards out to 50 ish with sights though.....if this is the case will it cause me to loose penetration? I am not shooting that much weight and all i can get is great...

13. IChim2

Put something on your vanes....powder..lipstick..and check for contact...I perfere the lipstick...hot pink.my wife's favorite..Guys please...no ribbing:lol:

14. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

The further your arrow travels.....the slower it will go......and the less it will penetrate. If it hits at an angle.....it will penetrate less also. How much.....who knows :noidea:

15. IChim2

Probably will..as long as it sticks to the vanes when shot.