Need Help Buying A Bow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by zacwalker, May 1, 2007.

1. zacwalker

zacwalker Junior Member

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

First off :welcome: to the forum. That bow looks like it needs put in a museum to me. I would suggest you go to a archery proshop and get measured for Draw Length, height really does not mean alot sometimes. If you do not get the correct DL you will struggle with your shooting. Also shoot as many bows as possible at the shop to see what you like. I think you can find a better deal that that one. Check the classifieds on here or on AT. If I sold that old bow for $185 to someone I would give them $150 refund.:doh: You really need to be careful of what you buy off EBAY. Good luck to ya and keep posting your questions we really would like to help ya out buddy.:peace:

3. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

It's too old and outdated for that price. I notice the riser isn't even cutout for braodheads so it's really old. No more than $50.

At 6" tall you are mighty big for your age. As with any compound bow the most important thing is to get the draw length right. Assuming your wingspan is about the same as your height you should shoot a bow with about a 29" draw +/- a little. To be on the safe side get a bow that is adjustable for draw till you get it figured out about ten years from now.

4. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

:welcome: :welcome: Good ta have ya here.
    BHH is givin' ya tha best advice ya can git.
    Keep lookin'. Much better out htere and will be just a little higher but believe us it will be worth tha difference. But if tha is all ya got hunt alittle longer for a better bow. Smokes

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

welcome to this great place we call home.....:welcome:

and I have to agree w/these guys, look else where and you will find a much better deal.....

the worst thing you would want to do is buy that bow, get it, hate it, think they are all like that, and give up on archery.....

6. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

That is not even American $$. The bow is in Australia. :biggrin1:

7. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

Was that bow dug up from an ancient aborignee hunting camp? Get a Bowtech if you can find one :laugh: :laugh: , Id be willing to bet those pins dont light up in low light.