Need Help with arrows

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by gjmen, Jan 1, 2007.

1. gjmen

gjmen Junior Member

Recently santa dropped off some Easton Cobalt X7 arrow shafts. My question is what type of vanes do I put on these? Curently I am using 2212Easton xx78 super slam selects with the pre installed 4" vanes. I seem to get good grouping with this setup; however, I see all the different vanes out there and wonder if I could install something better. My primary shooting is 3D and almost never shoot past 40 yards. My equipment is as follows: Mathews LX 60lbs draw with 27.5" draw lenght, Quicktune 3000 micro and an Extreme sniper sight. Thanks, gjmen

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

loose the alluminums and get some carbons?????

just kidding that sounds like a good set up to me.....

for a standard vane it is hard to beat AAE.....

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

:welcome: to the forum gjmen.

I'm not sure about which vanes would be the best for those arrows but I have Blazers on all my arrows at this time. Good luck:peace:

4. mlviper35

mlviper35 Member

try the low profile duravanes 4" (legal ibo hunter class)

I personally shoot 2" blazers(IBO Open class), and LPDVs 4" for IBO hunter.

My 3 cents worth,Good luck,

Matt

5. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I have the spinvanes from nap on my 3d and hunting arrows, very happy with them. Also heard the blazer vanes are good.

6. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

As Viper said, you have to determine what class you'll be shooting if you shoot sanctioned IBO events. If it's ASA or just mostly local shoots then it's not as important an issue. In either case though I have foind the Duravane 4" Low Profile to be very consistant for weight. They weigh right at 6.5 grain each. I even use them for hunting now.