Need new bow sight.

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Buckwheat, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Buckwheat

Buckwheat Member

OK, I know I shouldn't do this but I'm going to anyway. I need a new bow sight; the pendulum makes too much noise. Loking at the G5 optix line. any suggestions?:noidea:

2. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

What are you going to use it for ?
    Single pin or multi pin ?

Ron

3. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

More infor please....:wave:

4. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Well, like the others said, we need more info. But, since you said you use a pendulum, I'm gonna guess that you use your bow mainly for treestand hunting. If that's the case, I'd go to a fixed single pin like the Trophy Ridge Titan.

I reserve the right to change my recommendation based on more information. :D

5. Buckwheat

Buckwheat Member

Hunting mostly. I might get a wild hair and shoot some 3D.:D

6. hduc2005

hduc2005 Senior Member

For hunting I like Flash point by Black Gold .19 pins always bright but has self dimming cover so it;s never too bright. Hope this Helps

7. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

For combination hunting and 3D I would personally choose a dove-tail mounted multi-pin sight like a Spott Hogg Hogg-It, Sure-Loc Lethal Weapon, etc... I have an older Trophy Ridge dove-tail with 5 .019 pins that I doctored up a lot with longer Fitz-Fibers since the damn pins were junk when I bought it. Guess that's why Cabelas was selling them for 1/2 price.

It does boil down to how much you have or want to spend and wether or not you prefer single pin or multi pin. Good single pin slider sights from HHA, Cobra, Trophy Ridge, etc.. are all worth loooking at.

I've never seen one of the self-dimming ones but it sounds like a really good idea. I guess it just depends on how they executed it. Do you have the option to eliminate the dimming plastic ? Just curious.

Ron

8. J.C.

J.C. New Member

here's a pic. It looks like you could take off the dimming cover if you wanted to.

9. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Nice idea...

Ron

10. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Copper John Dean Nuts 2 Competition.........:peace:

11. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Might be a little overkill if you're just hunting though.......:biggrin1:

12. jkg3117

jkg3117 Member

flash point

i have a friend who shoots a flash point. It will be my next sight for sure! it goes from light to dark quick too! I was impressed!

Jim:rockon:

13. Buckwheat

Buckwheat Member

Has anybody seen or used the G5 sights?

14. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Very nice sight. I love mine I've had it for over a year now and it helps so much, my pins used to starburst but not no more. Check out my baby with the Flashpoint on it. And yes you can take of the cover but then your fibers may get tangled up in brush.