Need some advice

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by mbaycity, Dec 30, 2007.

1. mbaycity

mbaycity New Member

Brand new to this sport. A couple of buddies been bow hunting for years. Tired of rifle hunting and want more of a challenge. My main question is I wan't to purchase a new bow,but d'ont know what to look for. I 've shot a Matthew's and a Diiamond Black and an older PSE all nice. Is it one of those things where it just has to feel right in your hand.

2. SinGin

SinGin Banned

Yep, shoot them all if you canand go from there

3. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

:welcome: Hope you like it here.

4. Welcome to the site. Like was said above, shoot as many bows as possible, plus when you start to narrow it down try them in different poundage, that might help you find the bow that will fit like it fits best to you. Good luck

5. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

agreed. As soon as I pick up a bow, I usually have my mind made up before shooting it.

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome to the forum and the sport...
    And you guessed it...It's all what feels best to you...Keep us posted.

7. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

right on.. figure what your spending limit is. and shoot a bunch. rember looking at bare bows you will add aprox. $150.00 - $250.00 in accessories.
    package deals will save coin..:welcome:

8. mbaycity

mbaycity New Member

Thanks for Replies

Thanks for the replies. Been doing a lot of research on different products, and all depends where you look as to which is better. One place will give it a thumbs up and the other a thumbs down. There's only two dealers in my area and neither has great stock. They will not bring anything in to look at or hold in your hand. I live about 7 hours north of Minneapolis, so looks like a road trip in the next week or so. :frusty: