new a new bow and im lost!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by MichiganHunter, Sep 18, 2006.

1. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

im looking at getting a new bow. my old one needs to be retired. i was using my dads old point blank ltd. it was a great bow and i took alot deer with it but i think its time is up. i havent looked at new bows in so long that ALOT has changed! money is a little bit of an issue as im working to put my wife thought vet school (irony). i went looking the other day and theres so many new brands and types i dont know where to start. any info on any of this stuff would be greatly appreciated! thanks.

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

check out the other posts in this section for some really good info

3. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

I second that!!! already lots of info on here about everyones fave!!! Good luck!!

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

First off WELCOME to the Forum Michiganhunter. :welcome: I hear ya I was very confused when I retired my old bow (wait I'm still confused oh well:doh: ). Any ways here is the quick version.

This is only my personal opinion

Top of the line $630-$800 bare bows

Mathews- Switchback,Switchback XT,Switchback LD for long draw shooters.
    Bowtech- Tribute,Allegience,Equalizer for short draw shooters.
    Hoyt- Trykon,Trykon XL
    Parker- Frontier,Hornet
    PSE- Diablo,Mach 10

Middle of the Road $400-$600 bare bows

Fred Bear- Code
    Diamond- Liberty,Justice,Victory
    Reflex- Super Slam
    Parker- Extreme Hunter Mag,Hunter Mag,Buck Hunter

Low End $200-$400 bare bows

Fred Bear- Instinct,Element
    Martin- Bengal
    Reflex- Buckskin,Excursion
    PSE- Typhoon,Nova,Dakota

This is just a list I have compiled to give you some idea some prices may vary from area to area. Best thing you can do is go around to different shops and shoot all the bows possible. Then decide for yourself which ones fit you best. If I were suggesting a bow for someone from each category this is my suggestions-----High end-Mathews Switchback XT-----Middle of the Road-Bowtech-Liberty-----Low End-Fred Bear-Instinct. Lots of other great bows out there so please shoot as many as possible. Good luck and have fun shooting all those bows take a friend or two with you also.:peace:

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

He meant Diamond Liberty. Diamond is made by Bowtech

6. MichiganHunter

thanks guys, ill look in all the other threads and thank you for the info, i will have to check all those bows out. thats going to be fun!!

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Thats the spirit! You must be a righty...

8. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Oh Yeah thats what I meant.:doh: I told you I was still confused. Thanks Dredly for the correction.:rockon:

9. MichiganHunter

acually im a lefty but i shoot both left & right handed, but primarly right (i see better out of that eye).

10. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Yeah lefty's get screwed in archery.