New bow

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by halestorm566, Jan 15, 2008.

1. halestorm566

halestorm566 New Member

I just got into archery a few months ago and recently bought a diamond victory bow was this a good choice?
    Also what is a good draw weight for me?
    Im only 12 but i can pull the 50 pound draw with ease.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome to the site and the sport...
    The victory is a good bow. As for the DW, whatever feels good without causing any discomfort.
    How much are you shooting?(how often and howmany arrows per session?)

3. halestorm566

halestorm566 New Member

During the week i do not shoot at all because of wrestling practice, which ends in the beginning of february. Once that is over i will shoot alot. As for the weekends when im not asleep i shoot all day. I take breaks when i get tired but i probably shoot about 10 arrows each time.

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

That sounds pretty good.

5. halestorm566

halestorm566 New Member

Also i am wondering how often and the best way to maintain my bow.

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

There is really nothing to maintain except for waxing the string occaisionally and a visual inspection before and after every shooting session.
    Get some string wax and rub it into the string once or twice a month. The biggest thing is your arrows, ESPECIALLY if they are carbon. Check them before you shoot, everytime you shoot. Look for cracks and signs of damage, just give them a flex before you shoot them.

7. halestorm566

halestorm566 New Member

Thanks for all the help next time i go to the archery store ill get some wax

8. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Welcome...don't be afraid to ask all the questions you have....We can usually get in a couple good answers before the thread is hi-jacked:D

9. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Good thing we have a whipcrackin HotMod to stop those hijacking attemps...:dizzy:

10. and she can "sow":lol: , at least thats what bunnyman calls it:laugh: :laugh: