New Guy from Reno, NV

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by HARJOMOTORSPORTS, Jan 10, 2008.

1. HARJOMOTORSPORTS

HARJOMOTORSPORTS HARJO

Hi everyone,

My name is Scott and I'm from Reno, NV. I've been getting into archery pretty heavy in the past year or so, since a friend of mine gave me his old Hoyt Compound bow and a couple dozen arrows. I'm still shooting it, but I'm ready to bump up to a faster modern bow. Fortunately a Cabela's opened here recently that has a little test range where I've been shooting the Fred bear Truth and the Instinct, a few Martin and PSE bows. I'm pretty well set on getting the Fred bear Instinct. I like the price, it's a ton faster than what I have and it's compact.

For most of my life I've been a Chukar hunter, not too much big game, but the occasional deer or pig hunt. And I've always caught flak from my buddies for being the only indian guy they know who doesn't shoot a bow and arrow! :doh:

I'm interested in learning better technique, High desert mule deer hunting methods and the latest and greatest in archery hunting tech.

I look forward to talking to everyone!

Scott

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

:welcome: HARJO. Glad to meet ya. The Instinct is a great bow. It placed very high in some bow evaluations in 2006 against bows that cost more than twice as much.

3. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

First of all :welcome: to the forum. Alot of folks are shooting the Bear bows these days so I am sure you will be happy with it. Glad to have ya in the forum. If you have any questions just post em and I am sure somebody will give you an answer....:laugh: :laugh:

4. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

:welcome: Hello,welcome to the site,lots of good people here,tons of information and help,sounds like you got a good bow ,,,hey just watch out for the white bunny's,just ignore them.........:lol:

5. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

:welcome: I have a lot of friends and family in Fallon, NV. Have fun here, you are bound to learn something..... not from me of course....:dizzy:

6. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

:welcome: nice to meet ya. post up and have fun.. we are pretty laid back here!!:D

7. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

:welcome: Harjo. My wife and I are headed to Vegas for vacation next Wednesday. Don't know about the bows you talked about, but if anyone on here recommends them chances are you will be happy with it:welcome:

8. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Welcome to the best forum around!!

9. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

:welcome: You will have a great time here. The bow you got is a really good bow. Stick around and join in all of the fun we have here.:biggrin1: