New guy

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Michael396, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Michael396

Michael396 Member

I have been looking around at the site for a few hours and like what I see. This looks like a good place to hang out:cool: I just registered and thought I would take a minute to say hello.

Michael

2. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

nice to have you! No one here cares what kind of bow you shoot,etc.

we are just here to talk archery and have a little fun at the same time

rick

3. Michael396

Michael396 Member

I noticed that while looking around. That is the biggest reason I signed up, because I can't stand the fanboy crap, other than the normal joking around about it, I just can't stand the "Brand X is the only bow to shoot" kind of thing.

Oh, by the way, I have very thick skin, so don't hold anything back just because I am new.

4. J.C.

J.C. New Member

:welcome: Michael!

5. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

sounds good. Tell me which brand of bow you shoot and then I will start bashing it! :laugh:

rick

6. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

Welcome to the site. I dont care what kind of bow you shoot either as long as you dont shoot it better than I shoot mine:laugh:

7. Michael396

Michael396 Member

At the moment, it is a Hoyt Vectrix XL... I know, I know, it's not a Martin, but what the heck, I haven't shot myself with it yet, so it can't be too bad:biggrin1:

8. Michael396

Michael396 Member

No need to worry Poorman, I am not very good... yet. I suck, but I have never had so much fun being so crappy at anything in my life.

9. niteshade

niteshade Junior Member

:welcome: good folks here.....nice site....

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

welcome newbie....now get in the shop....I need those arrows fletched!!!:biggrin1: :biggrin1:

11. Michael396

Michael396 Member

Sure thing! Do you want Blazers that won't stick on arrows that are under spinned and points that won't stay in? I think this is all that is available these days (according to FACTS that I have read else where)

Maybe I should start a new thread to find out what the best arrow/vein/and points are:peace:

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you could start a new one or just take it from me.....

CX
    linejammers
    glue in adjustable target points
    1.5" quickspins
    :peace:

13. Michael396

Michael396 Member

You forgot to tell me what the best glue is, the best nock, and don't forget which fletching jig to use.

Linejammers huh... why do you need such a fat shaft... do we hang around the edge a little too much?:laugh:

Sorry man, I had to do it. I see too many of your post busting other peoples cajones... Oh yeah, and I am a little bit of a smart a$$ too.

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

acctually wise guy, i am just compensating.......:tape: :biggrin1:

15. Michael396

Michael396 Member

Good one! I spit Gatorade on my monitor when I read that one:biggrin1:

16. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

Thats the whole point. Just have fun. I am not that good either but I am getting better and I am having fun doing it.

17. Michael396

Michael396 Member

So far so good. I am having a blast. It would be even more fun, if there were not so many bad shops around me. I have purchase a crap load of, well, crap. I have received more bad advice than good. I can't understand how a "pro shop" can do the things they are doing and stay in business. The bad part is, I have been going against my better judgement and listening to them. No more! I will check here the next time my gut says something is wrong.

18. FEDIE316

FEDIE316 Junior Member

:welcome: Alot of good people on here willing to share knowledge!! :peace:

19. Michael396

Michael396 Member

Thanks niteshade. I will be around for a long time. I like it here. I have only been a member for a few hours and already close to my post count from another archery site, where I have been a member for months.

20. j3dGuam

j3dGuam Senior Member

Welcome to the club:welcome: