New in bow huntin

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by teamNFB21, Feb 3, 2008.

1. teamNFB21

teamNFB21 New Member

Hey guys im new in bow hunting i have always hunted with my rifle but want to get into bow huntin this year i have been doin some lookin around for awhile i went to shop around where i live and the guy sugested a darton storm bow to start with he said its a 07 bran new bare bow for $285 just wonderin what you guys think and if that about right of what other kind of bow i have been lookin at some pse bows- pse firestorm lite 33- pse forestorm x- pse excursion- or a browning yukon.. thank you for your help

2. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

Don't know about those particular bows except to say that both Darton and PSE make fine bows. Once you start bowhunting, your rifle may get a little dusty! :welcome: to 3dshoots!

3. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

Figure out what your budget will be for your bare bow and then figure another 150.00 or so for the sights and rest etc. plus the cost of your arrows. Ask about package deals and you may save money there. Don't know much about the bows you mentioned but go to more than one shop and look at all the bows in your price range and most importantly shoot numerous ones. If possible shoot them in your Draw length and poundage that fits you. Natually the shop is going to try to direct you to the brands they carry. The way the bow feels to you is MORE important than the brand name. You wouldn't buy a pair of shoes that felt uncomfortable to you and they're a lot cheaper than a bow. Each bow has an individual feel due to the type of cams, grips etc. Take your time in your selection. Don't get hung up in macho draw weight game. It's going to take time to build yourself to your pull and sometime less can be more. Take your time, research, get the feel of the differant bows and you'll be happier in the long run. Then the fun starts... Practise, practise practise and you'll discover a great sport and make some good friends.
    Welcome to the site:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

4. :welcome: to the site, and as stated above shoot the bow(s) first, before you put down your cash on them, the bow has to feel good to shoot or it don't matter how much or how little you pay for it. Good luck with your choice and when you get your bow, make sure to give us an honest review on it. Again Welcome to the site:peace:

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

:welcome: to the forum to another New Yorker.....:doh: :peace:

6. teamNFB21

teamNFB21 New Member

Thank you guys for the welcome and the advice im gonna keep on doin my research and ill let you guys know how it works out.

7. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

:welcome: :welcome: