New sight = my first 50pt End....

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by ohbowhntr, Apr 25, 2008.

1. ohbowhntr

ohbowhntr New Member

I decided that I needed to take my shooting to a little higher level, and realized that my .029" pins were holding me back a bit, therefore, I went and bought a new Sword Apex Hunter with .019, looking for a budget sight that should be a good hunting sight as well. So after I've been shooting 5 spots for about a week, the new sight arrives in the mail today. I've never really shot competitively, but I thought shooting 5-spot paper targets and keeping score I could motivate myself to stay with the "Aim small, miss small" theory, and try to make myself be more consistent. So after a bunch of 48-49 ends, I finally dropped a 50 this afternoon with 3 X-cutters. I then dropped back to 30yds, and dropped a 47 and 48 each with 2 X-cutters. Now I'm wondering if I'm gonna want to try .010's next for shooting longer distances.

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

CONGRATS on the new Sword. They make some great sights. Hope your shootin just keeps gettin better. Have fun.:peace:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I like the .010 pins, but if you have trouble seeing your pins, they may not be for you.....:noidea:

4. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

ditto...love my .010 pins.

5. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

i cant see them myself

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

maybe someone else could look at your pins for you:noidea:

7. J.C.

J.C. New Member

do they use the same size pin, with different fiber diameters, or is the .010 pin smaller than the .019? if it's the same pin size, I dont know if there would be much benefit....:noidea:

8. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

oh yeah...it is a lot smaller than the .019

9. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I have never tried .010 pins... I have used .019's for a couple of years now and those helped me over the .029 pins for sure. I'm not exactly the million dollar man with eyesight but trying .010's might be worth a few bucks to try.

Ron