New to 3dshoots

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by targetshooter, Aug 16, 2007.

1. targetshooter

targetshooter Junior Member

Hi all! It occurs to me that I have not yet introduced myself to the fine people here. My name is Paul and I live in Algonquin, IL. I use to shoot about 30 years ago, and for a very short time. Never really learned alot, and other things in life kept me from keeping an interest in Archery. So basically, I am new to the world of Archery. I have always wanted to learn and now I have a chance (thanks to my wife). I am currently interested in target and 3D shooting. Don't know if I will ever get into hunting.

Current hobbies are ham radio and muds. I am a programmer/analyst by trade. I have a wife and daughter.

Thanks.

2. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Welcome, I'm originally from Chicago and have family in the Geneva area. I know the whole area very well. Have you been to G.A.T. guns yet on Rt. 25 just North of the Tollway ? Those guys are good and they have a very nice pro shop. Local 3D's include Richmond and the Rockford/Loves park area (I think). I also believe there is a 3D this weekend in Richmond that I may try and go to since I'll be in the area all weekend.

Ron

Last edited: Aug 16, 2007

3. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

:welcome: Paul.

4. targetshooter

Yes, I was just there yesterday. They are a good bunch of guys and very knowledgeable and helpful.

5. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

WELCOME!!:cheer2: Hope you enjoy it here :D

6. J.C.

J.C. New Member

:welcome: targetshooter. Always great to get new members

7. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

:welcome: and hope you enjoy what you see here. It's informative and lots of fun. :wave:

8. hduc2005

hduc2005 Senior Member

Welcome from one newbie to another. :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

9. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome to the group Paul...

10. targetshooter

Thanks for the welcome to the group. Now, as soon as my bow comes in, I will be asking for some newbie to archery help. Maybe someone has already asked some of the questions I will have, and if they have, could someone point me in the direction of the thread? Thanks.

11. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

Welcome to the site. nice to see another shooter among us..

12. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Well HOWDY there Paul. Glad to have you with us. My name is Frank. Post up and join the fun.:peace:

13. j3dGuam

j3dGuam Senior Member

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

welcome.............:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

15. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

There's no stupid questions...only stupid people...sorry couldn't help myself...:doh:

Ask us anything we'll answer it the best we can...and if we don't know the answer, we'll just hijack the thread...:D

16. nyarcher

nyarcher Member

:welcome: from another newbie!:peace:

17. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Oh great now you blew our cover.:doh:

18. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

If he has lurked around at all he already new it...:dizzy:

19. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

:welcome: and just ask they will answer or direct you to a thread to read.... lots of good folks here, and then .... well enough bowman bashing today.... there are alot of good folks here...... sspend sometime reading a few of the threads around. alot of information in this here forum....:usa: