newbie looking for new bow suggestions

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by dubnvento, Jan 31, 2008.

1. dubnvento

dubnvento New Member

Hey guys, just sold a bow that didn't fit me so I'm looking for a new bow. I'm on a tight budget and have been looking at the Fred Bear Buckmaster, PSE Nova.... Does anyone have any suggestions that won't break the bank!

2. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

You can find good deals used.... if you can tolerate a bow that is 2-3 years old. Check the classifieds here.... :biggrin1:

3. yetibowtech

yetibowtech Staff Shooter Uncle Bob's

new bow

in 06 i started shooting compounds again and had the same issue so i bought a bowtech tomkat. it is a little noisy, freaky fast and there is a little bit of hand shock but nothing to worry about. Not bashing Hoyt but to be honest it shoot a lot like there new vectrix. instead of being $750-800 the tomkat is $450-500 bare or around $600 as a package from Bowtech.

4. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

If you want a quality bow that doesn't break the bank, look at the Martin line. Very affordable and all excellent bows.

5. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

hi, friend

I see your on a budget and you mentioned in your list a PSE Nova
    Well this year Pse came out with the new Stinger at $299 ive seen it on e-bay selling at 275.00 if you get a chance shoot 1, i did and even though i buy bows that are a little higher in the food chain:lol:
    Im gonna get 1 before next hunting season.:D

6. If you want to stay on a low budget, I would suggest that you go to a place like Cabela's, Bass Pro shops or Sportsmans Warehouse and try some of thier bows. All three of those places have a good selection of good lower priced bows that you can try out, JMO. Good luck in your choice.

7. dubnvento

dubnvento New Member

Thanks for all the input. I ended up with a Fred Bear Element. I ordered it online and have't received it yet.