Not that I have any quarrals with my current setup.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Southernfryedyankee, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

But I have been shooting muzzy 115 4 blade BH's and I do like them but I also have a few NAP thunderhead 3 blades and I have never shot them b4 so I cant say I prefer 1 over the other. Does anyone know of any advantages or disadvantages of the 2.

NAP TH has a 1 3/16" cut 3 blade
    muzzy 115 has a 1 1/8" 4 blade

which is better?

2. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

i love the thunderheads. ive never had any problem with them at all. ive always had problems with muzzys.... plus i wont ever use them after my conversation with "mr. muzzy" :mad2: (long story). but i know people who have problems with thunderheads and not muzzys.... you just need to shoot them both and see how they fly.

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I prefer the muzzy over the thunderheads but I prefer slicktricks over muzzys

4. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

are they making slicktricks sharper now?

5. chainsawlaskowski

chainsawlaskowski Junior Member

"Slick Trick" heads

I'm using the "Slick Trick" Magnum 125 and they are VERY sharp! Some of the sharpest "right out of the package" heads that I've tried. They fly exactly the same as my field points which is nice! Jeff

6. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

I used thunderhead with great luck....but they are hard to tune.

I finally gave in and went to G5's

7. Onyx Z

Onyx Z Member

i use 100gr thunderheads. the first time i shot them, they flew/fly EXACTLY like my fp's without any additional tuning to the bow.

8. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

It probably depends on how well your bow is tuned from the start. I would imagine that is why some people have converntional broadheads fly like field points and other folks have issues.

I found that having the broadhead (fixed or mechanical, because of the extended length of the mechanical's body) absolutely square to the arrow shaft is a big step in the right direction. Using a G5 ASD and an arrow spinner will get you to that point. The G5 ASD is an underrrated tool. So is an arrow spinner. I think everyone that bowhunts should have both of those in their tool box and know how to use them.

Good luck man... I have things to do tomorrow but I'm heading out Wednesday. Ahhhh.... High of 60... A veritable oasis in the tree...

Ron