o.k. heres one for you....

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Apr 5, 2007.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Binos on a $100 budget.....what should one look for and try???

and dont bother answering that I should waste my money on anything under $250.....I simply will not spend that much.....

I have a $100 gift card to gander and have decided thats what I want.....

8x50 or 8.5x50....semi compact.....

I already have the bino system...(chest strap)....and yes it fits.....:doh:

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

What are you using them for? Looking at birds? Deer? 3-D? all of the above?

3. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Yeah, need more info, however I don't know what brands Gander carries. Actually probably don't need more info, I think you're going to be very limited for that price. Can you even get 8x50 for under $100? I have a pair of burris binos that are 8x42 that were under $200. I'm more than happy with them, compact, lightweight and use them for both 3d and hunting. but, i know you're looking for under 100.

4. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Did a little researching, don't know if gander carries these, they are not 8x50, I could not find any for under 100. These are close, however and they were all around or under 100. Hope this helps

Nikon 8x40 action ultra wide view

Zhumell Long Eye Relief 8x42 wide angle

Bushnell 8x42 prism

Barska 8x42 WP Benchmark

5. I know you want the Gander deal cause of the card, but PLEASE, PLEASE check out the Vortex line up!

You will seriously be amazed at how much glass you can get for so little!

www.vortexoptics.com

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Just sell a bow then you will have plenty of cash for the Bino's.:laugh:

7. ridgewalker243

ridgewalker243 Member

Bushnell

I got a pair of bushnell auto focus from gander mountain. They work great glassing fields in the evening. You dont have to do any focosing. They where only $60 bucks and I wouldn't use anything diffrent. The only thing is that they are made for up close vewing. Of course if your using a 8X10 your not looking at anything closer than 50 yards anyways.

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

o.k. so 8-8.5 power......any size for mainly 3D......

something legal for IBO.....

Thanx everyone, I will be looking into all of them.....:rockon:

just went to the vortex dealer locater and Kenco is a dealer:rockon: :rockon:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  9. With your alotted budget, perhaps the Vortex Lightning in 8 X 32 will fit the bill. These MSRP at $130.

[​IMG]

I currently shoot the Sidewinders, which are now called the Diamondbacks, and they are ounce for ounce right up there with the Nikon Monarchs, but at an MSRP of $250, they are 100 bucks less!

[​IMG]

Of course...... You could spend a mortgage payment on a pair of Swarovski's.......

OR SPEND HALF THAT AND GET EQUAL GLASS WITH THE VORTEX RAZORS!
    [​IMG]

I plan on getting a pair of these soon, hopefully by summer! They are the creme de'la creme of binos!

Of course, one of the best aspects of Vortex is their VIP Warranty, which is unlimited, unconditional, and TRANSFERRABLE!

10. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

Dont mean to hijack here bowman, but has anyone looked though a pair of steiner binos yet, a freind of mine got his dad a set for xmas, we were in the house looking at the back of a pepsi can at about 10 yards, you could read the ingreadince on the can, and it was crystal clear, ill be borrowing them soon to go look at some animals, i guess they have some kind of coating on the lenses that make animals stick out more....:noidea: I think they were 10x40.

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

its not hyjacking.......its about binos....
    funny you should bring this up....i just looked at a pair of....Predaters I think they were called???

crystal clear and ultra compact.....they were like 150 I think.....

12. BowhuntnHoosier

I don't know too much about bino's but I just happen to be strolling through the sporting goods department last night in wal-mart and remembered this thread they have a pair of Nikon binos 10X50 for like $80.:noidea: They are on the website also.:peace:

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah that would be great but 10 power would not be legal for IBO.....:noidea:

14. BowhuntnHoosier

Oh........sorry bout that I'm not up on my rules. You know my motto.:peace:

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!