Okay Bow shopping

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by VE6WTF, Jul 19, 2007.

1. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

new bear truth $500.00
    new pse Mossy oak X $600.00
    new bear code $490.00
    new kodiak outdoors/bow logic 32 $550.00

All in boxes still, Shipping included.

Having never been bow shopping I was wondering if these were fair prices.
    and wondered of all these bows which would be best for something thats small, fast and accurate.
    and will last A LONG TIME!!!

Just need some help Tnx in advance

2. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

That's not a bad price for a Truth bow.
    I shot one and thought they were pretty nice.
    The Martin Bengal bow for under $400 is a great bow too, just wish it had a rear stab hole and sealed limb pockets but for that price, I guess you gotta make cuts somewhere.

3. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

Well you must note that those are all yankie funds as well.
    So add about 20 bucks each

I also looked at the bengal and thought it was a nice bow.
    But I really think I am going to be a fred bear man. I dont know what it is about those bows. BUT THEYRE JUST DARN SEXY!

4. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

Bow choice is very personal. It is well worth the time and $$ spent to find a dealer where you can shoot a few. Then buy what you want and what feels and shoots best for you. Don't let a few $$ keep you from buying a Bow you really want, because in the end it will probably save you:cool:

Dan

5. SinGin

SinGin Banned

This advice is so,so true. I think we have all bought cheaper bows thinking they would be good enough and wishing we spent $100.00 for a better one. Archery is a lifelong commitment so don't be cheap

6. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

If you ever need customer service, I'm pretty sure you will be very, very disappointed.........:cool:

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

even now that they seem to be a little better company???:noidea:

8. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

Ill just remind them that if their bows are so quiet I guess they wont here it coming lol

9. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Could be. My experience is from 3 yrs ago. When I called their customer service dept. they answered the phone "Escalade Sports". I asked if they had stickers, shirts, hats or anything with Jennings on it and they said they didn't do that. I hope they do improve because there is a lot of history and heritage behind those two names....:peace:

10. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

In that price range I would definately check out the diamond line as well. They have some awesome shooters

rick

11. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Don't know about their customer service but those Bear bows are pretty nice shooters. I shot the element and instinct. I shot a Jennings Carbon Extreme for about 10 years and absolutely loved it. Good luck and have fun shopping.

I would suggest if possible you also shoot bows from Mission,Reflex,Diamond.:peace:

12. they have shirts and stickers i have some i wonder why they said that? :noidea:

13. joebowman

joebowman Junior Member

Kodiak Outdoors is a very nice bow. I shot must of the major brands and went with KO. Fast, quiet, smooth draw, lightwieght, everything you can ask for in a bow. Customer service is great also. Last season I had hit my cam on my tree stand when shooting at a doe and it tore it up. I called the company and within a week they had sent a brand new cam out to replace the damaged one. Couldn't belive they even talked to me after hearing some horror stories of other companies customer sevice departments. You won't be disappointed if you chose Kodiak Outdoors.