One or Two?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Wheely, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I was reading somewhere the other day about how much someones shooting improved when they started shooting with both eyes open. I tried this last night and well I think I would need A LOT of practice. I couldn't see anything as far as centering my sight window in my peep :doh:

Is there a trick to this? How many of you shoot both eyes open?

2. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

3. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

both eyes for me as well..actually 1 fully open and 1 open(ish). Maybe I should make the fully open one my peep eye :doh:

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

both open for me and most of the great shooters:rockon: :biggrin1:

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Both for me. But I would not call myself a great shooter, far from it.
    Ron

6. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

How in the heck do you look thru a scope etc. I have the shoot thru cutesty Hoyt thingy and all I see is the bar in the way with both eyes open. It's right in the middle of my field of view.

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so if you already have something blocking the view, why do you need to use the extra muscle power to keep that one closed?????:noidea:

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

sand bagger.....:biggrin1:

9. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

I keep my left eye closed becasue I am left eye dominate and can't shoot lefty. I heard that you can train your other eye to be dominate -- is this true? And if it is how long will it take?

Is there a cure for this Dredly curse? :noidea:

10. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

Same for me =right handed but left eye dominant. It SUCKS!

I've heard u can retrain eye dominance but it takes a lot of work and a long time to do.

11. CSS Shooter

CSS Shooter Senior Member

I shoot w/ both eyes and you all that are left dom and shooting right handed go to the drug store and get a eye patch and cover when you shoot. It will get rid of some of the shots you throw due to opening that left eye during the shot sometimes.

12. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Yes. Put a piece of scoth tape on the lense of a pair of safety glasses. This will allow both eyes to remain open, while forcing focus with only one eye.

13. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

You'll see soon enough...
    I just ordered another dozen Fatboys because the 8 I currently have may not be enough...
    :laugh:

Ron

14. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

HA! your only going with 20 arrows.... you should see how i shoot, cool easy 3 dozen arrows being picked up at LAS! :biggrin1:

15. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Because it impares the view so you're seeing the scope kinda with one eye and the other eye you're seeing that and the part that is partially blocking the view. It doesn't close the view completely you silly goose. Wonder if an eye patch would be easier on me than closing my eye though. A nice not sarcastic answer please Bowman :tape: I know that might be difficult for you but try hard.

16. mrstedicast

mrstedicast Junior Member

I've tried to shoot with both eyes open but I see double. Like you said, it would take a lot of practice for me to keep both my eyes open.

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I wasnt being sarcastic sweety, I like you too much.....I was just wondering out loud.....forgive me I will refrain from helping the future.....and yes the eye patch would help.....I have a couple of buddies that use one......

18. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Goomba I didn't say you were being sarcastic....you guys are worse than girls I swear :laugh: I just said please don't give me a "sarcastic" one...I love good advice...just be gentle I might cry LOL.

19. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

So, should we be wearing flak jackets at the R-100 ? :laugh:
    I plan on losing or blowing up arrows on 10% of the foamies. 100 targets (not including novelties) so 10 arrows... I only have 8. Judging distance is one of my downfalls, along with a few others. I have been practicing with my Rinehart ball in the yard though. So far I've not missed in maybe 80-100 arrows, however I did have an arrow get stopped by a sliver of foam near the top of the ball, saving it from a hellish demise...:laugh:

Ron

20. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I'm one of the right handed left eye dominant lucky ones.