Oneida Bows

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Oneida, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Oneida

Oneida Junior Member

Oneida Bows has a new website for sales and service of C.P.Oneida bows as well as a new C.P.Oneida forum. To see the new website please go to www.oneidabows.net.
    Thanks Joe

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

would have to say this is spam......

3. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

wow they still make bows, i havent seen one of those for years!!!!

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

they have been passed around more than a joint at a woodstock convention....this is a bow thats time has come and gone.....they were such a peice of junk to begin with that I dont think they could ever afford to stay in business long enough to change everyones opinion of them......but what do I know......:noidea:

but I still hold my original opinion that this is spam.....

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  5. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

i agree, sometimes the truth hurts i guess..... :doh:

6. rdnkgrl_robinhood

rdnkgrl_robinhood Senior Member

Well since I am new to archery within this past year, I had never heard of Oneida Bows until I read this post, but I have to say in my personal opinion, those are about the ugliest bows I have ever seen.
    But ugly as they are, I have to ask, how do they shoot? Are they smooth? I dont know, I just dont see it... :noidea:

Just my opinion.

rdnkgrl_robinhood

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

better question....you should be asking, are they loud???w/like 109 moving parts.....

8. rdnkgrl_robinhood

rdnkgrl_robinhood Senior Member

Good point.. No wonder I saw so many of them in target colors..

rdnkgrl

9. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

...and the Onieda goes Cracklang!!!!!

Yeah... they are louder than a Hoyt!
    Oops! Sorry, I couldn't let it slide :biggrin1:

jk

10. diamond-vic.

diamond-vic. Senior Member

actually i own one, they are rele quiet and have absolutly no shock. oh, and by the way you've never felt smooth until you've shot and oneida! they are realy good bows, just a little bit on the expensive side.

P.S. its and oneida aero-force

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

and just a lot bit on the ugly side.....

12. hoyt_hunter007

hoyt_hunter007 Senior Member

i shot an older oneida once upon a time...i really didnt think it shot that bad...granted i didnt like it as much as my hoyt, but you hafta remember its quite a bit older than my vtec is....overall i dont think they are great bows, but they arent bad bows either. you gotta admit its a pretty neat design, the one i shot wasnt overly loud, no louder than any other bow out there...

13. diamond-vic.

diamond-vic. Senior Member

i personaly think they are cool looking, i like the radical look

14. oneidashooter

oneidashooter New Member

You guys have no idea what you are talking about. I've been shooting my Oneida for over 10 years and it's absolutely perfect. They may be a challenge to tune but if you're new or not technically inclined you should leave ALL tuning to the shop regardless of the bow you own. These bows were and still are the forerunners of technology in archery. If your *scared* of tuning and like the science behind this style buy a Monster Bow. Just as amazing with practically no tuning needed.

I had to register an account just to respond to this and I feel much better now :)

15. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

well to each there own. I for one can not wait to get my Monsterbow. I think they have prefected the outboard limb design. 2 moving parts. Top and Bottom outboard limbs is all. If you really look and think about how thet work.
    I is simple and clean design. Now all I have to do is wait for it to come in.

16. QSA

well I for one think bynny is right and wrong. lol
    There is not Mfg forum here to post there link to there new web sight. And he did not say buy our bows. But any way I could go on and on.
    But it is not Oniedas web sight it is a dealers sight. So I guess spam could be applyed.

17. QSA

So now this would be spaming the spam.
    So you all sell Oneida bows and stuff. I make the only bow stand that will hold a Oneida off the ground. So if this is not a drive by spam thread you shold contact me on these. Monsterbows have them. And there staff shooters use them.
    So this is a test to see if you are for real or just a drive by poster.

18. bill10418

bill10418 Why be Normal

I have to agree with you. I shot one before I got my Mathews. I found shooting the Oneida an extremely pleasant experience. There was very little hand shock. The noise factor was about the same as most bows out there, even before adding cat whiskers. It was an extremely well balanced piece of equipment. The shop owner told me that if I went with the Oneida, I would be going back to him about 3 - 4 times a year for tuning. He would have shown me how to tune it, also. Unfortunately, he passed away before I could do anything. And there is no other dealer who sells them around here, at that time.

19. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

Well I'll be the first to admit I don't know what I am talking about. But the Oneida Strike Eagle that my friend shot next to me was a loud POS. I't made me jump the string, let alone the rabbit he was shooting at.... :noidea:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  20. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

yep

oneida, bows are great and fun to shoot.
    and back in the day the Aero-Force X-80 was the first bow that came out with the only REAL 80% let-off.
    The bows are not that hard to tune but take up some time checking and re-tuneing them, due mostly to string streach.
    If you put a new string on them, lord help you.:lol:
    You had to keep loosening a cam and pulling back it would set itself and re-tightening the cam.
    This was not easy in the middle of a tournament.
    But for hunting,they were great.
    I killed a 300+lb hog with my aero-force:D