Ordering from Mountain Archery ?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by hylander, Mar 4, 2007.

1. hylander

hylander Junior Member

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I've never ordered from (or heard of) them before.

Are you going to be doing a LOT of fletching? Personally I would much rather use a bitzenburger and do 1 arrow at a time then attempt to play with 6 all at once...

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

damb I have to agree w/dredly on this one.......there is no comparison to a bitz......they are the best and like he said unless you fleching 25 or so dozen a year than 1-3 bitz's will work much better.....May cost a little more to begin w/ but think about it this way......when the pro shop that I worked at a few years ago went out of bussiness.....they sold there fletching set up......had twelve bitz's on around peice of plywood that was attatched to the swivle plate of a boat seat.....kinda like a lazy susan I think they are called.....

well when we closed we sold that set up for $50 MORE than it cost the shop....and I know for a fact in the 3 years that I worked there I fletched well over 100 dozen arrows a year......so you figure out the math......cuz I aint good at it.......

oh and they dont wear out either:noidea:

4. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

A friend of mine has a Jo-Jan fletcher (single) and it's not made very well.
    I personally have a Grayling and I like it but I think Dredly is right in the Bitzenberger. It's nice and will last a lifetime. The Grayling is a less expensive fiber-filled nylon knock-off version of the Bitzenberger.

Never bought stuff from Mountain Archery.

I've bought stuff off of this site and the service is very good and the prices/shipping are fair. I've also got stuff from Keystone Country Store when I can't find things at my local shop.

Ron

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I've bought quite a bit from them...They are a good company to deal with...and they have really good prices...:biggrin1:

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yet you still cant shoot........:noidea: :noidea: :pound:

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I have never ordered from mountain archery either.

The Jo-Jan seems like a very nice fletcher but I agree that you just can't beat a bitz. If you do order from them keep us informed on their service then we can add them to our favorites for future orders.:peace:

8. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I thought we covered this already...The best equipment does not the best shooter make....

I was getting all my arrow building stuff there...I haven't ordered in a while...but I will need stuff soon

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

new clipper blades????:pound: :pound:

10. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

They are a good service company...I only had 1 problem with a backorder, but it was resolved after 1 phone call...they actually emailed me an appology too...I was impressed:cool:

11. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Sounds like a stand up company to me. Glad to hear things worked out for ya BA.

12. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yeah...it wasn't a big deal...the backorder just got lost in the system...:noidea:

13. Heavyhaul

Heavyhaul Member

Great service and the prices on their GT shafts on the Ebay auctions are great.