Out West

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by gunner, Jul 15, 2007.

1. gunner

gunner Junior Member

I have one year left of college to go and I'm done with school. I have been thinking of going out west to hunt antelope or mule deer. I'm going to take the bow. I have taken booth before with a rifle. My antelope scores 74 1/8 and the mule deer is a 4 by 5 with a 28 1/2 inch sped. This time I would like to take a book animal with archery gear. I have started looking around for places to go but don't like one thing or another. I would like places that you have gone or a outfitter that you have used, and what you thought of the outfitter. I have done self hunts before and will do one again.

2. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

Wyoming is a Great state for Antelope and Mule Deer, and lots of Combo Hunts available. For Antelope Kirk Hornbuckle, and Doug Miller are good places to start. If you want to do a Combo Hunt Spearhead Ranch or Triple 3 Ranch are a couple of starting places. If money is not a problem, you will not find a better place to Bowhunt Muleys than Mike Ukrainetz (spelling?) in Alberta. Good Luck where ever you go!!:cool:

Dan

3. gmherps

gmherps Senior Member

ah the college days, where have the days gone??!!!

4. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

i remember being that old. Seems like forever and I am only 36.

Sounds like a cool hunt. I would love to go antelope hunting some time

rick

5. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Central/Eastern Oregon or the South Eastern Corner of Idaho has some Monster Muleys , so I heard. I don't know about guides. I am from Idaho/Oregon and have seen some big ones up there.:rockon:

6. gunner

gunner Junior Member

I am 33 years young and going back for a Graphic Design degree I thought it would help me be a better artist. Chasing 4 boys is a chore in it's self, with school I don't have the time go out west every year. Thanks for the info it's a good place to start. I have been burned on trips before.