peep sight moved

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by diamond-vic., Sep 3, 2006.

1. diamond-vic.

diamond-vic. Senior Member

hey guys. today shootin i noticed that my all my arrows were goin high. then i noticed that my peep sight had moved. it started out in the middle of the servings, now its pressed up against the top of the serving. is this ok?

**(i shoot a truglow centra peep)**

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

NOOOO thats the worst thing that can happen to your accuracy.

it needs to be stationary, if it moves your accuracy is shot. get it serverd in better and make a mark on your string for where it should be!

3. diamond-vic.

diamond-vic. Senior Member

i adjusted my sight to the change and now there right back in a 4" circle at 20 yards. shood i still bring it in to be re-served?

4. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Here's how you can tell if your peep is in the right place.

Load an arrow. Point the bow toward the target. Now close your eyes and draw back. Anchor properly. Now open your eyes but don't move your head. Can you see thru the peep. Is it the right height. If you can't see thru it. It's not right.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Thats a common problem when perchacing bows from stores like GM, C, D, I once saw a guy working at gander mountain use string matterial, not serving material to serve in a peep sight, the thing was moving all over the place, when you have waxed string material on top of waxed string material, number one, how do you get it tight enough, number two, it slides all over the place. Serving in things like your peep sight, limb savers, string loops, drop away cords, is something ever archer should learn how to do it could save a hunt or 3-d round......even if you use the nasty under hand over hand knot system (nasty, cus it looks terrible comparred to the center serving style, not sure of the proper name) Does anyone have a step by step pic guide to this, should go in the new tech section that is supposed to be commimg, I can do it but I know I wont decribe it very well....

by the way I have started using I have started using a 30lbs, ice fishing nylon material, it is very thin, wegh less, is cheap, and works very well....or so it seems, I will let you know after its been on a while.

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Peep movement is not good.

Follow Chris' advice on locating a peep and have somebody competent serve that thing in.

It's amazing how a very small amount of peep movement can translate to a huge difference in elevation at the target. 1/8" of peep movement up/down can translate to a few inches of elevation change at the target at 20 yards.

Good luck !

Ron

7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

There's a pretty good article on Apple Archery's site
    http://www.applearchery.com/stringserving.htm

8. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Good article. I was going to post the question on how to do a center serving but now I don't have to !

Thanks a lot,

Ron