Peep?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Major257, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Major257

Major257 Junior Member

Well I am changing strings and cams, so I thought that I would put on or in a new peep while I was doing that.

Any thoughts on peeps?

I use a tru-noc, the aluminum loop thing.

As you can tell I am not that seasoned in this sport so all help is appreciated.

I plan to shoot outdoors and just practice practice practice before hunting season.

Thanks for the help.

Matt:noidea:

2. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

super ball peep kit. you can change the aperture and/or use clarifiers/verifiers without messing with changing peep housings.

3. JDX--

JDX-- Member

Couldn’t of said it any better, this is the peep that I have depended on to getting it done competitive or hunting, in fact during the hunting season I will screw out the center orifice and hunt with just the housing allowing a little more time to hunt morning and evening when it’s prime time.:biggrin1:
    Super Ball Peep, Regular or Hooded from Specialty Archery

Good Luck

JDX-- :peace:

4. Major257

Major257 Junior Member

What degree kit?

I shoot a Q2 29" DL

Thanks
    Matt

5. clemenlp

clemenlp Diamond in the Rough

I have never used one, but I would have to agree that having the ability to change peep diameter depending on condition is invaluble. I would also consider you try tying a string/rope D-loop instead of the metal fixed D-loop, jmo.

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

it goes by ATA length...
    40" and under 37 degrees
    40 and up 45 degrees

7. Major257

Major257 Junior Member

Thanks for the info guys.

I am getting a quick education on this site.

I am going to try a hindsight first and if I don't like it I will go for the super ball.

Fog in the corners of my glasses is one of the big factors in my decision to go with it but I hope I can get used to it.

8. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

Yeap, what he said...those metal loops will beat up a set of strings in a hurry, not to mention the speed your loosing.:tape:

9. Q!!

Q!! Sheep Camp Founder

I have heard the String Slitter is good. Havn't tried one yet but hope to real soon.