pick up your bow

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by goldflinger, Sep 3, 2007.

1. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

Bow racks, stands, hooks, whatever you want to call them. How many people use them when you are hunting? I've only shot a few deer with the bow, and usually it happened toquik to be reaching for a bow. Let me know what you think?

2. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

I use!

A hook that i carry & screw in the side of the tree!:biggrin1:

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I have a hook for the tree when I use my climber, and a holder thats on my ladder stand...

4. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

I just screw a hook into the side of a tree.

5. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

Has anyone ever missed getting a shot because you didn't have your bow in hand when the deer come through?

6. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I use a screw holder when hunting out of my saddle and a bow stand when hunting from my blind. I never hold my bow.

I have missed deer because the arrow fell off the rest but never because of it not being in my hand.

7. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I hold mine.

8. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

ME TOO!!!!!!!

9. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

yup I keep it im my anxious little hand fer I want ta be on time

10. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

I use the "Bow Legger" religously...

11. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

I use my EZhanger allot or just a small bow hook

12. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

nope, i always hold my bow with arrow on string when in my stand.

13. Lwapo

Lwapo Junior Member

Screw in step...

I use a screw-in step that I screw in just above my head. If there is a limb overhead or if you are in a Y style tree, you can often position the bow so that it is right near your left hand so when a shot is likely, it requires little or no movement to pick it up.

FYI - I use a whisker biscuit, but I would only recommend this type of bow holder if you have a containment style rest that you won't have to worry about the arrow falling off of.

14. Liv2Bowhunt

Liv2Bowhunt Senior Member

I am a big fan of the EZ hanger, you can position the bow so it's easy to grab quickly. Note to self and others, make sure when using the easy hanger you put it high enough so it isn't in the way, i did have that happen once, i did get the deer, i just had to wait for him to get to the second shooting lane.

15. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

I keep my bow in my bow holder on my climber, and my hand in the sling, holding the grip. Or it lays across my lap. But it's never far away. :biggrin1:

Ben

16. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

if im in my viper i just lay it on the bar .. other than that its on a hook unless i hear/see somethin im interested in shootin

17. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I use a removable quiver, when i'm hunting I put it on upside down(fletchings up) and let the head of the quiver rest on my leg. Works for me, i have a couple hangers but seldom use them!!!